Industry Solution Architect (f/m)
Airbus Defence and Space Ottobrunn
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Industry Solution Architect (f/m) has arisen within Defence and Space in Ottobrunn. The successful applicant will join “Communication and IT Engineering”.
Tasks & accountabilities
In the frame of the Orchestration solutions for 5G wireless and fixed hybrid networks, Airbus Defence & Space is looking for a Defence Solution Architect to perform technical presales activities in close collaboration with the Sales, Portfolio and Engineering teams for the Commercial / Industry business.
- Meeting customers to develop technical relationships
- Understanding customer business needs and goals
- Capturing stakeholders and functional requirements
- Presenting (and supporting demos) the technical features of the Portfolio Solutions
- Determining applicable Solutions to address the customer needs
- Managing RFI and RFP technical answers and solution design
- Providing technical inputs for the implementation of Solutions within the Customer premises
- Providing consultancy services where appropriate
The position is attached to the Engineering organization and includes frequent travels in Europe
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a degree in Information Technology or similar
- In-Depth knowledge of 3G/4G Wireless and IP network architecture
- ICT background in Commercial / Industry area
- Experienced in security basic in VPN, firewall, authentication
- Ability to work under pressure and in a team
- Customer orientation and Value analysis
- Listening and sense of synthesis skills
- Knowledge of teaching methods
- Good communication and writing skills
- Fluent in English, German and French
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus Defence and Space, Other Business
- approx. 6,500
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus-group.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.