Service Systems Engineer EF Avionics (A&I + NAV) (m/f)
Airbus Defence and Space Manching
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Service Systems Engineer EF Avionics (A&I + NAV) (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join “TASSC2-TL1 - System Analysis Avionics 1”
Tasks & accountabilities
- Carrying out development work and studies to identify, secure and maintain EUROFIGHTER logistical systems System property.
- Execution and coordination of technical and logistical analyses within the scope of development and use (e.g. problem analyses as well as analyses regarding reliability, availability, maintainability) for devices and systems with a multitude of functions and interfaces in the field of attack & identification as well as navigation of the weapon system EUROFIGHTER.
- Execution and coordination of training measures for military departments (incl. system engineer training, PSC briefings, pilot trainings (e.g. in the course of WIC).
- Carrying out and coordinating new developments and modification activities in the area of technical documentation (including IETD) of the Weapon system EUROFIGHTER.
- Execution and coordination of tests (e.g. system integration / qualification tests, operational tests) as well as studies for devices and systems with a multitude of links and interfaces for the determination, securing and verification of system properties in the field of attack & identification as well as navigation of the weapon system EUROFIGHTER.
- Evaluation, assessment and comprehensible documentation of test and analysis results (e.g. with DOORS) as well as the creation of proof of development as part of system qualification and approval in the course of national modification measures (hardware & software).
- Cross-system and international cooperation with other SUZ EF departments and departments of Airbus Defence and Space as well as EPCs regarding in-service activities; close cooperation and coordination with national military agencies.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You have the following knowledge and qualifications:
- Completed studies (engineering / electrical engineering) or comparable apprenticeship
- Employment as system engineer on the weapon system Eurofighter or comparable, well-founded application in the field of production / MRO
- Relevant cross-system and cross-subsystem work experience on the EUROFIGHTER weapon system (focus on avionics)
- Cooperation with military agencies.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex weapon systems.
- Experience in technical project management including risk management and requirements based engineering.
- Working in project teams during the execution of complex technical projects
- Knowledge of the avionics of the weapon system EUROFIGHTER (focus on attack & identification and navigation) as well as their development and technical in-service documentation
- Experience and knowledge of the operational operation of the EUROFIGHTER weapon system in the German Air Force
- Knowledge in handling IETD, HLBA (Paraview and PBAPro) and MaTE, PDM as well as PVCS
- Knowledge of mission data generation and handling of crypto data for the weapon system EUROFIGHTER
- Basic knowledge of civil & military certification procedures
- Knowledge of (software) development processes
- Safe handling of the quality standards of an aeronautical operation
- Flexibility and readiness for shift work, on-call duty and national and international business trips are required.
- Fluent in German and English
- Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 4,500
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus-group.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.