Recruitment Privacy Notice
Airbus (also known as, “the Company”, or “we” or “us”) is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry and the leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale.
The Company is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data (also known as “General Data Protection Regulation” or “GDPR”) as well as each applicable national Personal Data protection laws and regulations (referred as “Data Protection Laws and Regulations”)
The protection of your privacy and your Personal Data is an important concern to which we pay special attention throughout our processes. This privacy notice is to let you know how we look after your Personal Data during the recruitment procedure. This includes information you provide to us about yourself as an external applicant. This notice also informs you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
What is Personal Data?
Personal Data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly. This definition covers a wide range of information to constitute Personal Data, including name, address, email address, identification number, location data or online identifier.
We strongly request that information you provide to us should not contain data relating to your (i) racial or ethnic origin (ii), political beliefs (iii), philosophical or religious beliefs (iv), membership of a trade union or political party (v), physical or mental health (vi), sexual life or (vii) the commission of criminal offences or proceedings. If your provided information contains such data they will not be used by us during the recruitment process. If you provide information on a disability on voluntary basis we will treat this information in accordance with respective national legislation.
Which sources and what Personal Data do we use?
If you apply for a position at Airbus, we may process personal data relevant for recruitment purposes only such as:
- Name, First name
- Contact details (Postal address, phone number, email address,…)
- Education details (CV, motivational letter etc.)
- Employment history
- Assessment data (results of video interviews, tests etc.)
- Images and videos
- Social media reference
By using our recruiting tool IT identifiable data are processed such as:
- User or account
What are the purposes of the processing of your Personal Data?
To ensure a responsible, effective and compliant recruitment process for each application, we process your Personal Data for following purposes in accordance with Data Protection Laws and Regulations such as:
- Managing your candidate profile, applications and exchanges with Airbus;
- Ensure applications selection by checking the adequacy of your application with positions to be filled;
- Sourcing applications for open positions or recruitment events from our recruiting tool or other sources such as professional social networks;
Candidate assessment: in frame of our recruitment procedure we may ask you to participate in tests, evaluations and interviews (physical or video) in order determine your professional skills required for the position.
Candidate access management:
- Secured personal access;
- Individual support in case of error handling.
Employment Marketing: sending communications on potential positions which are relevant to individual candidates
Research and development: we use your Personal Data for research and development purposes, including improving our websites, applications, services, and users experience and for other research and analytical purposes dedicated to improving our products, services, businesses, operations and processes.
Legal compliance: we use your Personal Data to comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to an authority or court order or discovery request.
To protect us and others: where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of policies, terms, and other policies.
In case your application is successful we may ask you for additional personal information required for contracting and onboarding.
What is the basis for processing of your Personal Data?
Airbus needs a lawful basis for processing your personal data. We process your Personal Data in accordance with the following provisions:
- To comply with a legal obligations
Where legislation requires Airbus will process your Personal Data to comply with employment local laws and national security regulations.
- As a result of your consent
To the extent you have consented the processing of your Personal Data by us in frame of your job application, such processing is based on your explicit consent. Please consider that we will not process your application without your explicit consent. Your consent, once given, may be revoked at any time (see below).
- Where Airbus has a legitimate business interest
We will use your Personal Data when you would reasonably expect it and considering that such processing of your Personal Data has a minor privacy impact, or where there is a compelling justification for the processing.
Who will access and / or receive your Personal Data?
- Authorized persons involved in the recruiting process working for or on behalf of Airbus;
- Airbus and its affiliates on a need-to-know basis for the purposes as outlined in this Privacy Notice;
- Our agents, service providers and advisers operating or supporting our systems if needed (e.g. third party service providers and advisers providing services such as IT maintenance and support, Personal Data storage analytics, procurement services, compliance vetting, etc.);
- Law enforcement or government authorities where necessary to comply with applicable law.
Will your Personal Data be transferred to a third country outside the Euro-pean Economic Area (EEA)?
Airbus processes your Personal Data mostly in the EEA. On occasion Personal Data is transferred to Airbus or its affiliates, on a need-to-know basis, including entities outside the EEA. This transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards, and through within the legal framework of our Binding Corporate Rules, or through alternative contractual frameworks (e.g. EU standards contractual clauses) where a third party is engaged to provide services to us.
Which countries will Airbus transfer Personal Data to?
Processing of personal information mainly takes place in France and Germany. However, our Binding Corporate Rules allow us to transfer Personal Data within our international organization, and they include the following list of countries where we have a presence:
Algeria, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Czech republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, French Guyana, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Libya, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam.
How long will your Personal Data be stored?
We process and store your Personal Data as long as is required to meet our obligations according to legislation and our internal procedures or processes.
- We keep your Personal Data until a maximum of 6 months after your last use of your candidate account;
- For France and Spain, due to legal reasons we archive Personal Data to a maximum of 5 years after your last use of your candidate account.
In case of litigation Airbus can keep Personal Data until the end of judicial procedure.
We use technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorized persons.
Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
What are your rights and how to exercise them?
You may at any time exercise your data protection rights
- Right to access/obtain a report detailing the information held about you: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data is being processed by Airbus and the right to request access.
- Right to correct Personal Data: You have the right to change any inaccurate Personal Data concerning you.
- Right to be forgotten: In some cases, for instance, when the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected, you have the right for your Personal Data to be erased.
- Right to stop the processing of your data: You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data by Airbus, for instance when the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your Personal Data. In such cases, your Personal Data will only be processed with your consent or for the exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to data portability: Under some circumstances provided by law, you have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit those Personal Data to another controller.
- Right to object and to withdraw consent: You may at any time object to the processing of your Personal Data for legitimate reason and may withdraw your consent at any time. However, please note that if you do object to the processing of your Personal Data, we will not be able to process your application.
To this effect, please contact Airbus in writing either by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com or by mail at the addresses below, enclosing a copy of a document evidencing your identity.
Airbus SAS, Head of Data Protection, HAP, 1 rond-point Maurice Bellonte 31700 Blagnac cedex. France
How can I contact the responsible for processing my Personal Data?
If you have concerns and/or any questions regarding the processing of your Personal Data, you may refer in the first instance to the Airbus Data Protection Officer, who is available for enquiries, or complaints, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can write to the following address:
Airbus SAS : Head of Data Protection, HAP, 1 rond-point Maurice Bellonte 31700 Blagnac cedex. France
Can I ask for assistance to the competent authorities?
If you remain unsatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority. Listed below are the four main European countries where Airbus operates and the relevant Supervisory Authority
FRANCE: CNIL : http://www.cnil.fr
GERMANY: BFDI: http://www.bfdi.bund.de
SPAIN: AGPD: https://www.agpd.es
UK: ICO: https://ico.org.uk
What are cookies?
Only the cookie on your device is identified. Personal details can be saved in cookies, provided that you have consented. For example, cookies may be used to facilitate secure online access so that you do not need to enter your user ID and password again.
Which cookies do we use?
Please find below a table with specific information for each cookie that we may use on our Website:
|NAME OF COOKIES||PURPOSE||RETENTION PERIOD|
|Jsessionid||Session Identification||Session duration|
|Ibpersistence||Load balancer selection||Session duration|
|Darksite||Triggers appearance of dark site layer, if feature is activated||Ever|
How you can disable or delete cookies?
If you choose not to accept cookies, you can still access and use our Website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. You can delete cookies already on your device at any time. However, if you choose not to accept cookies that are strictly necessary for the provision of our services provided by our Website, it may result in a reduced availability of such services.
For the purpose of statistical analysis, we use analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, or Google Analytics. You may object at any time to the collection and analysis of statistical data regarding your access to and use of our Website by contacting us using the “contact us” function within our Website.
Modification of the Privacy Notice
Airbus will update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect the changes in our practices and services and to remain compliant to Data Protection Laws and Regulations. We will inform you of any substantial modification in how we process your Personal Data.