Airbus’ long-term development and production lifecycle make Enterprise Risk Management a crucial mechanism for both mitigating the risks faced by the company and identifying future opportunities.
By systematically integrating Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) as a key management process across the Group, Airbus supports value creation and competitiveness.
This is carefully followed by the Board of Directors (BoD).
There is one Group ERM Centre of Competence: Vincent Leroy is the head of this function (with direct responsibility for Commercial Aircraft ERM) and coordinates group-wide the ERM functions at Airbus Helicopters and Airbus Defence and Space.
In terms of mission, ERM plays a key role to:
- Make the business more robust and become resilient to unpredicted crises
- Support operational decision making
- Improve the business results
- Reduce the exposure level
- Be compliant with the Dutch Corporate Governance Code
Airbus ERM system relies on:
- Strong anticipation culture
- Speak-up mind-set
- Robust risk mitigation
- Opportunity management
- Strengthened ERM governance at Group, Divisions, Programmes and Functions levels
Airbus ERM uses ISO 31000 as a guideline.
More information on Corporate Governance
What our managers strive for
Growth depends on strong governance. The management board sets the Group's strategy and addresses all aspects of the business.Read more
Our Shareholders' Meetings
Learn more about the framework and rules of Shareholders’ Meetings and check the answers to frequently asked questions.Read more