Electrical, Power and Harness Engineer for Aerospace applications (M/F)
Airbus Defence and Space Toulouse
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Electrical, Power and Harness Engineer for Aerospace applications has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse.
You will support mainly Space Programs, covering Earth Observation, Telecommunication and Scientific ones, but also programs going from electrical drones, aircraft or any air urban mobility solution. In all this cases, tasks may vary from sizing the solar panels, batteries or converters, to verify the electrical compatibility and the stability of the system
You will also participate on the different Research and Technology studies, looking always for the real application, coming from the previous Programs. You may interface with the European Space Agency (ESA) and the French one (CNES), as well as the European Commission.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main tasks to be performed will be:
- To support Space Programs from Earth Observation and Science to Telecommunication Satellites, as well as Electrical Demonstrators, by performing:
- Power Engineering: sizing of the solar panels and batteries. Energy budget simulations over the different missions in order to size a complete and balanced system.
- Electrical and Harness Engineering: analyse the stability of the power bus, ensure the compatibility of the different interfaces (power and data buses) as well as defining the harness configuration of the whole spacecraft.
- To participate and to develop, in a proactive way, the Research and Technology projects and Roadmaps, mostly focused on Power Generation, Energy Storage and Electrical Architectures.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace
- Proactive and curious attitude towards innovation and technology
- Intermediate/Advanced skill level using Matlab and Simulink
- Intermediate/Advanced skill level using PSpice and/or LTspice
- Intermediate/Advanced skill level using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and VBA Macro Development
- Previous experience on Batteries through lab research, project teams, prior internship or work experience would be also an asset
- Advanced Level of English required
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.