Senior Digital Architect (m/f)
Airbus Defence and Space Toulouse
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Senior Digital Architect has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join Digital Platform.
This position acts as the technical authority for the Airbus Digital Platform and is responsible for its evolution of the Airbus DS digital platform over time across all of its functional domains, including Cloud Services, Advanced Analytics, the Internet of Things (IoT) and Application Programming Interfaces (API). In this capacity, the jobholder takes far-reaching technology decisions based on business demand and latest market evolutions and is constantly striking a complex balance between innovativeness, affordability and operability.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Requirements are validated and translated into technical building blocks in areas such as Cloud Services, Advanced Analytics, the Internet of Things (IoT), and Application Programming Interfaces (API) in line with business requirements, affordability, and latest evolutions in the market.
- Selected components shall be in line with the Airbus public Cloud ambition where possible. Suitable replacements are to be identified for services not eligible for a private cloud environment.
- Overall platform target architecture as well as specific use cases / tenant solution designs are created and maintained.
- Architecture work is balanced appropriately between platform evolution and technical guidance for business projects. To support the latter, platform architecture best-practices shall be established, documented, and communicated.
- Communicate guiding principles, architecture standards and interfaces to implementation teams and various stakeholders. Arbitrate conflicting views, i.e. innovation vs. operability.
This role will involve some travel for business (once or twice a month) in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science or in Management.
- Very good knowledge of current cloud technologies
- Proven work experience with the full life cycle of designing, building, deploying, operating cloud and big data technologies
- Good experience in agile project methodologies, optimally SCRUM and DevOps
- Experience in project management
- Over 10 year experience in IT Management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- Language Skills: English at Negotiation Level, additional languages are a plus (i.e. French, German, Spanish, Italian)
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.