Business Data Governance Improvement Manager (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Business Data Governance Improvement Manager (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Blagnac.
- You are curious about the wave of digital transformation and think Airbus should be part of it?
- You do not want to settle down in the status quo but want to push new ideas through the organization and stay motivated along the way it takes?
- You are not afraid to work on new technologies, ways of working and deep dives to understand projects background?
If so, you could be the right person for us.
Working within Data Governance, Advanced Analytics & Reporting in Global Procurement Strategy & Services directorate (PY) of all Airbus Procurement & Supply chain entities (around 3000 employees employees) you shall support the following department mission:
- Govern, manage and provide high-quality data for all Procurement relevant reporting, analytics or business intelligence solutions.
- Drive automated reporting processes and enhanced analytics and business intelligence solutions to support Self-service data transparency and decision making via Advanced Analytics.
- Build-up procurement contribution of a future digital company.
You will join PYDAG – End to End Data Governance & Architecture and will work for overall PYD objectives concerning the global procurement data governance & architecture with a special focus on P harmonized activities.
You will actively support / drive the Airbus Digital Transformation for the procurement area in alignment with other departments and functions.
You will be accountable for managing the Data Custodian network and to provide timely, high quality and relevant governance services to support the decision making process of the P Data Officer.
You will be accountable for the definition and planning of short, mid and long-term data architecture / strategy including harmonization activities within transactional systems and external data sources.
You will be fully accountable to set and deploy common data governance / standards in accordance to data regulations (e.g. applicable AIRBUS policies and standards) and to define and implement related data quality rules & governance standards (e.g. governance catalogue, structural data improvement).
You will initiate and lead improvement projects to support data governance (transverse to all P activities)
You will be fully accountable for the harmonization/rationalization of procurement data architecture strategy and to align data architecture actively with the Digital Transformation Office (DTO)’s and IT infrastructure departments, as well as the recommendation of potential process or software solutions, with due consideration for the economic and/or organizational benefits.
You will provide timely, high quality and relevant data governance & architecture services and analytics to procurement leaders to support business strategy development and execution
You will also act as process owner for the data/-flow management within P (Procurement) and in cooperation with other functions as well as to align with other business functions regarding data continuity/ data issues, as focal point for all P to other business functions (e.g. Strategy, Sales, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Compliance)
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting & Drive the Digital Transformation projects of Airbus with special focus on procurement
- Managing & set-up of the Data Custodian network
- Managing & supporting the Data Officer Network and the Data Officer decision process
- Following-up and managing the project milestones, according to the GPP or Agile methodologies, with the support of the project team
- Defining and deploying harmonized data governance & architecture strategy
- Defining and deploying harmonized and aligned data governance / security catalogues
- Acting as process owner for the data/-flow management within P (Procurement) and in cooperation with other functions
- Maintaining directives and guidelines for all End to End (E2E) Data Governance & Architecture areas.
This role will involve some travel for business once a month in (Germany) and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Project management skills
- Digitalization and/or Digitalization 4.0 experience
- Big Data knowledge and/or experience
- Proficiency in: SAP, PLM, Database tools
- Negotiation level Language Skills: Advanced level of English is required.
- Another language (French, German or Spanish) would be a plus.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.