IT Operations Specialist for the Airbus IM Hypervision Control Center (h/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you experienced in IT, you like working in problems solving and convinced by the business added value of the digitalisation?
Airbus has decided to create a new global Hypervision Control Center to enable an end-to-end view of our major critical value streams.
The aim is to have a real-time view on the health of these critical processes in order to prevent any Business Disruption as far as possible and to organize a first problem analysis leading to a shorter problem resolution timeframe.
Being a team member of this Hypervision Control Center will be a Mission critical resource to support critical Airbus business processes cross-A/C Programmes (and even cross-Divisional Products in the mid-long term).
In the short term, all focus and efforts are putted on the SA (Single Aisle) Ramp-up for which the Hypervision Control center will be a major enabler to anticipate and prevent any Business disruption for major business capabilities such as A/C Delivery or Attestation & Conformity to start with.
The main mission is to act as a “wideband IT Specialist” within the Airbus IM Hypervision Control Center.
The role consists mainly in addressing and coordinating the resolution of major issues on our critical applications (around 150).
The main driver and objective underlying this mission is of course to reduce the major incident resolution lead times and to coordinate any incident evolving into a crisis management.
Practically, the team will be on duty and will launch the resolution process once an incident/event will be received/displayed from the hypervision backbone.
Another dimension of this job will be to establish a clear link between the Business consumers and the related Product Managers on the IT side to ensure a streamlined communication in case of major incidents.
You will also make the link with other stakeholders starting with enterprise and domain architects on the corrective loop, aiming at eliminating frequent or severe incident root causes.
Join us to Drive Digitalisation and be part of our great team of digital movers and makers!
Tasks & accountabilities
Specific responsibilities of the position are:
- Ensure 24/7 critical products availability jointly with Products’ teams
- Always aware of the global ecosystem major evolutions
- Understand Hypervision and Extended Support best practices across the industry (continuous improvement, Mega Trends and Market Trends follow-up)
- Work in networks with other architects/experts to share best practices and establish synergies to increase business value and IM efficiency
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Your Boarding Pass
- Master degree level (or equivalent) in Information Technology or in technical field
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in IT/Business change management operational
- Proven experience in application design and maintenance (from older technologies such as Mainframe, through classical 3tiers applications to modern micro-services based architectures)
- Proven and wide experience in technical architectures for integrating business application with middleware layers, ranging from infrastructure to application design.
- Knowledgeable in other architecture fields such as application integration middleware (ETL/ESB) and Cloud technologies would be a plus
- Autonomous with excellent communication skills, displaying an ability to take initiative with a pragmatic mindset, and active listening skills
- Demonstrate a real ability to interact and influence stakeholders
- Sense of curiosity and team spirit, desire to learn for oneself and others,
- Sense of details and passion for solutions and technologies that solve problems
- Negotiation level of English (Intermediate French would be a plus)
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.