ATR - AIRCRAFT CONTRACTS NEGOTIATION DIRECTOR (h/f) - Réf : 18/05-C
Founded in 1981, ATR has become world leader on the market for regional aircraft with 90 seats or less. Since its creation, ATR has sold over 1,500 aircraft to over 200 operators based in more than 100 countries. ATR planes have totalled over 28 million flights. ATR is a joint partnership between two major European aeronautical players: Airbus Group and Leonardo. The ATR headquarters are located in Toulouse. ATR is ISO 14001 certified, the international benchmark for respecting the environment.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Within the framework of the Company’s commercial policy, declined at each individual deal level in the definition of a commercial strategy to which he/she contributes jointly with the multi-functions commercial team in charge, the Aircraft Contracts Negotiation Director is responsible of the contractual negotiation process for both new and used aircraft transactions, and accountable of the negotiation results and documents aiming to achieve the Company’s commercial objectives in terms of profitability, pricing, risk-intake and legal enforceability.
Each Aircraft Contracts Negotiation Director negotiates all of the new & used aircraft transactions (sales, financial leases, operating leases & lease extensions, used aircraft trade-ins or remarketing where applicable) for the Company and has substantial individual authority and latitude in conducting the contractual negotiation process, within a framework of established parameters, procedures and approval/delegation rules.
Each year, each Aircraft Contracts Negotiation Director will on the average produce and negotiate offers related to the sale of around 50-80 new aircraft with different potential customers.
Tasks & accountabilities
The Aircraft Contracts Negotiation Director responsibility is to define and contract creative solutions to commercial challenges which are acceptable to all relevant parties: ATR, customers, financiers, etc… It includes:
- Persuading, jointly with the multi-functions commercial team involved (sales, marketing, etc.), customers to purchase / lease aircraft on commercial terms favourable to the Company, countering customer’s arguments concerning product value, fair market price and lease rates, and customer specific factors arguing for lower prices.
- Defining, and win through negotiation, the commercial terms under which the Company will do business with a given customer, pricing the product in order to include various options, strategic reserves and profit margins, while keeping good customers’ relationship despite a highly competitive – sometimes highly emotional – environment under strong time pressure.
- Directing customers and internal stakeholders towards non-recourse transactions in order to improve Company’s financial results.- In the frame of RFP’s, co-ordinating and consolidating the activities of the various groups also working on a given deal : sales, marketing, leasing & asset management, support & services, customer & structured finance, legal, etc. maintaining overall control over commercial issues as broadly defined.
- Recommending to the Company’s management the commercial terms and possible trade-offs to be approved for individual deals.
- Preparing for each transaction the Deal Assessment Summary Sheet, Transaction Summary and price build-up analysis (Net Yield) and other deal papers as necessary for approval by SVP Commercial or CEO (as applicable).
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of and be prepared to answer management’s questions concerning the details of several complex transactions at any given time.
- Negotiating contractual/legal terms favourable to the company, from winning agreement on conceptual points to the drafting of a contractual language documenting the agreement and protecting the Company’s exposure.
- Drafting all contractual documents - commercial proposals (Heads of Agreements, MoU’s, Letters of Intent), sale or lease contracts - with the support of other involved departments.Interactions:
In the conduct of his job, the Aircraft Contracts Negotiation Director interacts with many different functions across the Company, depending on the aspects which will be key to winning the customer.
Besides permanent interactions within the Aircraft Contracts & Administration Department, most frequent interactions are with Aircraft Sales (CS); Marketing (CM); Leasing, Asset Management and Freighter (CL); Customer & Structured Finance (FF); Program (P); Product and Services (PS); Training (PT); etc.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Education & Experience:
- Master Degree in business law with aircraft commercial background / experience or Commercial Degree with additional background / experience en business law and/or aircraft finance.
- #10 years experience minimum with 3-5 years recent experience in similar position or a position mixing legal, finance and business matters in aeronautics.
- Proven negotiation skills: contact, listening ability, creativity, self-control.
- Strong contractual drafting skills.
- Rigorous, autonomous and accountable.
- Ability to withstand pressure, innovate and federate.
- Ability to influence, take decisions and leadership over the subjects at hand.
- Ability to understand complex situations and synthetize them for Management’s validation/decision.
- Fluent in English with a mastering of written/oral business English; French, Spanish, Chinese or other languages would be a plus.
- At ease with Microsoft Office suite, in particular Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated teamwork spirit
- High professional availability / flexibility: regular business trips, sometimes under very short notice.
ATR is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to ATR and Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by ATR and Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.