Supply Chain & Quality Manager - Services Procurement (f/m)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Supply Chain Quality Manager has arisen within Airbus General Procurement, based in Toulouse.
You will join the Supply Chain Management department, and you will be in charge of a portfolio of various types of Service Providers (IT, Corporate services, Facility Management).
As an engaged team member you will strongly contribute to the on-going transformation of General Procurement Business Model for services.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
DEFINING SUPPLY CHAIN STRATEGY
- Elaborating, together with the Procurement commodities, and the internal Business counterparts, the Supply Chain management Strategy for key Strategic Suppliers.
CONTRIBUTING TO THE SUPPLIER SELECTION PROCESS
For major business critical Calls for Tender (CFT):
- Evaluation of suppliers for adherence to supply chain requirements either through standard assessments (on-site) or other,
- Completion of Supply Chain Performance selection report including ranking, evaluation results, previous performance and supplier risk analysis.
MANAGING SUPPLIER PERFORMANCE
- Ensuring measurement of On-Time and On-Quality Supplier performance, together with Business counterparts, and implementing:
- Regular monitoring of supplier delivery and quality performance. Initiating appropriate activities to mitigate deterioration in performance,
- Performing supplier performance reviews with high risk / strategic suppliers,
- Performing or coordinating supplier assessments to evaluate their capability/capacity,
- Managing Supplier action plans following assessments, recoveries or improvement missions,
- Contributing to the definition of Strategic Suppliers Segmentation.
SUPPLIER RISK MANAGEMENT
- Identifying, managing and ensuring mitigation of risk at supplier level by performing on-site capability assessments
- Managing any specific internal risk and ensuring the prioritization of mitigating actions through Tactical plans or SQIP (Supply Chain & Quality Improvement Program).
SUPPLIER DEVELOPMENT AND IMPROVEMENT MANAGEMENT
- Leading the Supply Chain & Quality Improvement Program (SQIP) in line with the Commodity’s Strategy & Objectives,
- Enhancing supplier relationships by supporting them in building robustness in their supply chain and conducting the creation of Continuous Improvement plans or road-maps.
This role will involve some travel for business (up to three per month) in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You are educated to 5-year degree level in Engineering or Business
You have the following skills and experience:
- Solid background in Supply Chain Management and the management of Service Providers
- An experience in IT Services would be a strong advantage
- Strategic orientation
- Experience with suppliers' management
- Good communication skills, stakeholder management, ability to convince and influence
- Diplomacy and reliability
- Negotiation level of English
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.