Airbus OneWeb Satellites - Procurement and Supply Chain Manager (Electronics) (m/f)
Airbus Defence and Space Toulouse
OneWeb Satellites is OneWeb’s industrial partner for the design and manufacturing of its fleet of microsatellites. This initial production of 900 satellites, each weighing less than 150 kilograms, is planned for launch into low Earth orbit in 2018 to deliver affordable Internet access globally. Other projects of constellation either Telecom or Earth Observation are expecting to re-use OW P/F product. OneWeb Satellites is in a unique position that can have a significant impact in the space industry by:
• Pioneering new value creation in space;
• Developing solutions “of the World for the World”;
• Investing in core capabilities to secure a competitive advantage in production spacecraft manufacturing;
• Fostering a collaborative team environment rewarding creative solutions to hard problems.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Procurement and Supply Chain Manager (Electronics) (m/f) has arisen within Airbus OneWeb Satellites.
- You will be the main and official point of contact for both the suppliers and the internal organization, managing the project execution (On-Time and On- Cost performances as a priority but also On-Quality).
- Due to your supplier relationships, you will acquire an in-depth knowledge of the equipment and suppliers in order to allow for effective control of the suppliers.
- You will coordinate the interfaces with all the stakeholders involved in the supplier management (procurement, technical, quality, material & processes, commercial & contract).
- You will be involved in supplier development when necessary.
- You will report directly to Supply Chain and Procurement Team Leader (Electronics).
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Managing all aspects of the project execution, in particular will be accountable for OT-OC-OQ delivery of equipment and related documentation & services.
- Acting proactively to ensure smooth operations and effective collaboration on a daily basis
- Managing suppliers, from subcontract kick-off to providing all deliverables Chairing progress meetings/ designing reviews/ production. Reviews including quality gates (by delegation, leading deviation/ wavering process, leading non-conformance process, leading change process, etc) and coordinating the interfaces of all stakeholders involved in the supplier management (technical, quality, material & processes, commercial & contract).
- Acquiring an in-depth knowledge of the equipment / suppliers leading to effective control of the supplier.
- Resolving conflicts within the project team and providing leadership and motivation to build the team into an effective unit.
- Setting short term recovery plans and ensuring local follow-up / support to development plans.
- Consolidating all aspects of Supplier Statement of Work and monitoring its execution.
- Ensuring effective Risk and Opportunity processes. Identifying the supplier’s risks and proposing mitigation actions. Help/manage the development of the suppliers when necessary.
- Performing the annual suppliers’ evaluation (with appropriate support).
- Authorizing release of payments after validation of the compliance of deliveries by the stakeholders.
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the design and serial production and test of backbone electronics and EEE components.
This role will involve frequent travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Key Technical Skills
o Engineering degree in electronics (or alternate engineering degree but with strong electronics background).
o Have developed full electronics systems (preference with space but avionics also possible).
o Familiar with digital and power electronic units, embedding FPGA and/ or SW.
o Hands-on experience of electrical design and analysis.
o Hands-on experience of HW debug, validation and characterization.
o Familiar with design-to-manufacture, design-to-approaches.
o Test Plan definition, testability and test coverage review.
o Knowledge of EEE parts and their sensitivity to radiation
- Key Supply Chain / Procurement Skills
o Strong knowledge of contract negotiation and supplier development and relations.
o Ability to spot issues and find solutions on the production site.
o Experience on the work floor (assembly/production/MRO).
o Have an understanding of, and an interest in, the supply chain and the procurement of electronics.
o Knowledge of mass production constraints (in automotive, aeronautics).
o Experience in equipment procurement and electronics design and manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Key Management and Personal skills:
o Proactive and autonomous, decision maker.
o Interpersonal skills to drive projects within an international environment.
o Excellent communication and coordination skills.
o Strong networking and relation building skills.
o Knowledge of leading a project through the full life cycle and the ability to effectively manage a multidisciplinary project team.
o Proven work experience in a similar role.
o Negotiation level in English and French.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application, you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.