Artificial Intelligence Engineer - Aerodynamics
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Airbus is looking for an Artificial Intelligence Engineer to join our Aircraft Aerodynamics team in Toulouse, France.
You will join a transnational organisation. The team based in Toulouse is accountable for providing aerodynamic analysis and data to various customers such as:
- Handling qualities,
- Anemometry & Clinometry,
- Loads and Structures for unsteady aerodynamics,
- Programs for design selection.
In the frame of digital (r)evolution, the team is developing knowhow and knowledge around artificial intelligence. This embraces:
- Big data analytics,
- Deep learning (or Machine learning).
Your mission will be oriented towards Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) applied to Aerodynamics. Some proof of concepts have already been performed in various sub fields such as Data Analytics for Aircraft Performance, Neural Network Deep Learning for Aerodynamics Modelling and Flight Test understanding. These POCs have demonstrated a huge potential for Airbus. The stake is now to move from prototyping to industrialisation with massive deployment whilst staying at the edge of the technology.
Tasks & accountabilities
You will contribute to A.I. ramp up applied to aerodynamics:
- Acquire specificities of airbus business for A.I.
- Identify first industrial field of application. For that he will have to link in with other EGA stakeholders and acquire aerodynamics knowledge to understand the stakes and priorities.
- Propose, implement and validate solutions, in close collaboration with other EGA entities and beyond in engineering.
- Disseminate digital technologies in the team and beyond.
- Contribute to EGA deliveries.
- Further explore A.I. techniques, keeping Airbus position as high as possible in this field.
- Develop links with external stakeholders / partners (laboratories, universities, industries) through R&T project or ad-hoc initiatives.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Your Boarding Pass
- Strong academic background in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence.
- Deep knowledge in Machine Learning Algorithms, Artificial Neural Networks and Deep Learning, Big Data analytics.
- Proven experience being involved in a development dealing with Artificial Intelligence.
- Knowledge of Aerodynamics would be a plus.
- Communication skills and Curiosity: with such a wide scope of activities, you will have to learn various topics & techniques.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Advanced level of English and French.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply with your CV attached in English.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.