Software Product Owner - On-board Performance Tools
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Product Owner for On-board Performance Software has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse, France.
The team play an essential role in providing disruptive and/or fit-for-purpose digital solutions. We continuously contribute to the design, development and through-life support of highly competitive and innovative aircraft by delivering complete Flight Physics capabilities for Engineering.
We facilitate rapid business transformation by building fully integrated multidisciplinary virtual models of the physical aircraft.
In the context of Aircraft Performance Modelling & Simulation, you will be the Product Owner for the complete development cycle and management of a set of Engineering tools allowing the generation and simulation of Aircraft Performance Models embedded in the aircraft such as FMS (Flight Management System) and TAWS (Terrain Avoidance Warning System).
The mission includes also the preparation of the future by moving to a new simulation environment common to Flight Physics and by getting prepared to the company challenges in terms of Services to Airlines.
Tasks & accountabilities
You will evolve in an AGILE team and be the Product Owner for:
- Delivering the right capabilities to our stakeholders, by always ensuring the best incremental value to the users as per the agile principles.
- Capturing, understanding, challenging and prioritizing the requirements in a form of user stories into a proper agile backlog.
- Deploying a continuous integration environment (DevOps) inside the product line in view of removing or reducing all non-added value activities.
- Preparing the future for new or enhanced services offered to the Airlines, in collaboration with NavBlue and the other EGDC product owners.
As Product Owner, you will be responsible to establish strong relationship and a good communication with all our stakeholders, and to prepare and follow the budget plan for the perimeter.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking a highly talented individual with a strong potential of evolution/development ready to take on the challenge of being responsible of an important perimeter / budget with exposure to several stakeholders.
Your Boarding Pass
- Good Software Developer skills in C, Simulink, (Python/Qt).
- Knowledge of GISEH/Linux environment and tools development process.
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools (Tuleap, Git, Jenkins…).
- Willingness to work under agile/scrum environment.
- Knowledge in Flight Physics would be an advantage, or at least willingness to develop some experience in this area.
- Good communication skills to effectively interact within local and transnational teams, with suppliers and customers. Ability to co-ordinate, motivate and support other colleagues.
- Enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity and a 'can do' attitude. Aptitude for problem solving and innovation.
- Advanced level in English.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached in English.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.