Propulsion system heat management specialist (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An Engineer position in aircraft propulsion system integration has just opened within Airbus Toulouse.
You will practice and develop your skills and know-how in Aerothermal engineering and multi-physics applicable to propulsion system thermal integration, engine nacelle zone cooling and fluid heat management for R&T Aircraft programs.
You will have the opportunity to work within an international context with major nacelle components and engine manufacturers in interface with numerous engineering domain stakeholders.
You will participate to Large fan engine, New Single Aisle, More electrical Aircraft R&T programs and collaborate to Digital Design project.
An asset in your career:
In this position, you develop yourself in an international context in connection with major Airbus partners such as engine manufacturer and nacelle component manufacturers. You step in the development of the most advanced technologies such as propulsion hybridization, electric propulsion and large fan engine.
You work with most of engineering domains within Airbus as well as suppliers’ design office.
You acquire/practice/develop your technical and coordination skills in a wealthy and complex environment.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- You are in charge of delivering the following data consistently with the development plans of Large Fan Engine project (50% of working time):
o Coordination between all the stakeholders of activities related to ventilation and thermal integration;
o Perform ventilation and thermal analysis;
o Contribute to milestones, maturity reviews and design loops.
- You participate to the activities related to fluid heat management (50% of working time):
o Contribute to deliverables committed by the team for Digital Design, New single Aisle and More electrical aircraft projects;
o Develop multi-physics approach embedding control, aero, system, weight;
o Develop competences and tools.
For both previous described activities:
- You develop and use simulation models;
- You deliver technical results;
- You lead the related sub-contracting activities;
- You participate to new ideas incubation;
- You capitalize through a handbook the lessons learnt.
This role will involve some travel for business in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to 5 years degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering or a related discipline.
- Skilled in aerothermal engineering and multi-physics
- Competences in simulation tools such as Fluent, NX Tmg and Amesim or equivalent
- Knowledge in propulsion engineering is an advantage.
- Feel at ease in an international and complex environment
- Creativity, pro-activity, constructive and good listening capabilities,
- Great rigor, honest, organized
- Team spirit oriented
- Motivated by multi-disciplinary subjects and the technical coordination
- English : advanced level (numerous animation of meeting in English with multi-cultural teams)
- French: basics or willing to learn
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.