Operations Improvement Expert (f/m)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
We are looking for an Operations Improvement Expert (m/f) within Satair in Hamburg Fuhlsbüttel to join the Supply Chain Team at the earliest possible start date.
You will be part of the team that drives the industrialization and continued development of the supply chain processes to ensure the long term stability and scalability. As an Operations Improvement Expert you will be fostering an overall lean culture within all functions of the supply chain. Creating optimized processes and tools for all departments and helping to optimize the end-to-end processes of the supply chain. The team is spread across the globe, matching Satair’s operational footprint. It means working in small, multi-disciplinary teams with a focus and responsibility on delivering pragmatic solutions directly to the teams.
What we can offer?
- Challenging tasks for unique services and products
- Interesting development opportunities, exciting perspectives
- Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment
- Flexible working hours & working time compensation
- Company Pension Scheme
- Car leasing models for employees
- And a lot more
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured.
Tasks & accountabilities
What does your new challenge look like?
- You will conduct in-depth analyses (e.g. value stream mapping) to identify improvement opportunities. Understanding business processes and pain points, to gather requirements, opportunities and value levers regarding data and possible use of technologies for process automation
- Lead the further development of lean strategies, culture, and initiatives to support growth and to optimize the end-to-end process
- You will proactively come up with ideas how to improve performance within the supply chain environment based on core KPIs
- Develop and implement lean management methodologies and act as a coach to the functional teams
- You will support departments to implement the agreed improvement plans, offer expert advice, progress tracking and project management in order to prepare the supply chain for the future
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
What do you bring?
- You are educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Economics, General or Industrial Engineering or a related discipline
- You bring along appropriate professional and practical experience in the fields of
* Project Management
- You have deep experience in lean, six sigma, industrial, process development/improvement
- Track record of operational processes development and a strong understanding of the necessary tools and methods
- Coding knowledge (Python, SQL, Java) & experience of the Skywise/Foundry platform would be a plus
- You have strong analytical and logical skills and very good problem-solving competencies
- You bring along the ability to convince in a complex environment (to drive/help decision making across departments)
- You are a quick learner, passionate about your work and driven to get things done with a collaborative way of working
- Your language skills are on negotiation level in German and English
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft)
- approx. 12,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com). Please add your CV and relevant certificates. Regarding your motivation please upload your individual cover letter including your earliest possible start date and your salary expectations.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.