Autopilot test engineer (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Autopilot Test Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse.
You will join the Autopilot testing group within the Flight and Integration Test centre. This group is responsible for Autopilot integration tests, flight tests analysis and R&T test activities on all Airbus aircraft programmes.
You will develop synergies between programmes for Autopilot testing and will also work on cross-functional topics to support the department continuous improvement activities.
You can be asked on request to support the work package leader in project management tasks.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Performing laboratory testing for automatic pilot and auto thrust including Lab Tests Requests follow-up, integration tests preparation/realisation/analysis on integration simulators and functional benches.
- Performing flight clearance for Autopilot avionics and functions and the preparation of certification documentation.
- Performing flight tests data analysis including Flight Tests Requests (FTR) follow-up, snags analysis, autopilot laws & performance analysis.
- Being in charge of telemetry follow-up and participating in briefing/debriefing.
- Participating in Test Activity Control Team (TACT) to review test progress and snag follow-up on Ground and Flight test activities.
- For innovation & continuous improvement: Proposing and contributing towards modifications and improvements to the Autopilot functions, test means and test processes.
- Developing synergies in cross-functional and cross-programme topics/testing. Contributing to the working group on strategic topics.
- Supporting the work package leader on project management tasks and management of subcontractors.
- Team approach. The role demands close collaboration with other testing teams, Design office, Flight Test, supplier and subcontracting teams.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to an Engineering degree level (or equivalent) in Aeronautics /Mechanics
- System avionics and/or flight physics experience is mandatory
- Innovation mindset, willing to implement digital transformation in daily work
- Good communication skills and a proactive approach to problem solving;
- The ability to work to strict timescales as part of an integrated, multidiscipline team;
- Proactive approach, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Good leadership skills
- A negotiation level of English and French is mandatory
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.