Single Aisle Pylon Stress Engineer (m/f)
Airbus St Eloi
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Single Aisle Pylon Stress Engineer has arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse – St Eloi. You will join the Single Aisle Pylon design office.
Within the Single Aisle pylon Design Office, you will have to make detailed stress analysis (Static and Fatigue damage tolerance of Pylon primary and secondary structure but also System installation).
You will do specific analysis using Airbus method and Tools (ISAMI but also legacy)
You will have to specify, launch, check and validate deliverables from External partners and suppliers.
The perimeter you will work for is the Single Aisle Pylon area with interfaces with Engine mounts and Wing
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Support Manufacturing by ensuring compliance of a high production rate product
- Support Manufacturing improvement for time and cost gain
- Support in service A/C operators by approving repairs, adaptations
- Support continuous improvement of the product to maximize company and operators profitability
- Ensure airworthiness of the whole fleet, from in production to in service aged aircrafts.
- Support development and certification activities
This role will involve some travel for business in Europe and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Master degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience in Fatigue & Damage Tolerance
- Knowledge of fundamental stress principles and methods
- Knowledge of Manufacturing environment would be a plus
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems.
- Innovative & challenge mindset
- Good relational and negotiation skills
- Team spirit
- Language Skills: Advanced level of English
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.