Industrial System Engineer (m/f)
Airbus St Nazaire
Airbus is a leading aircraft manufacturer with the most modern and comprehensive family of airliners on the market, ranging in capacity from 100 to more than 500 seats. Airbus champions innovative technologies and offers some of the world’s most fuel efficient and quiet aircraft. Airbus has sold over 13.800 aircraft to more than 360 customers worldwide. Airbus has achieved more than 8,000 deliveries since the first Airbus aircraft entered into service. Headquartered in Toulouse, France.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Industrial System Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Blagnac or Nantes or St Nazaire.
You will join the "Industrial Systems Design and Modelling" department and will belong to the Industrial System Efficiency Centre of Competence. The scope covers the Plants, FALs and Industrial Systems.
The Industrial System Designer contributes directly to the Airbus Industrial strategy by defining and deploying new ways of working within operational teams with direct contact with key stakeholders.
With an in-depth knowledge of lean principles and proven experience in industrialisation and shop-floor performance, the jobholder will address key Airbus industrial challenges using Industrial System Design process methods and tools.
- Define and develop the best in class industrial system in a co-design principle with the Industrial Architect and Product architect, throughout the entire development process (from the product definition phases to the manufacturing process in its operating environment) and in the Serial Phase (analysing and optimising existing manufacturing systems during major mods and/or manufacturing step changes)
- Provide industrial system expertise through process methods and tools on all the manufacturing stakes to be optimised (production cost, quality, lead-time, flexibility, time to market, etc.) by integrating worker, machine, material and information flows using digital means and models.
- Collect and define Lean Line Design guidelines and best practices to be applied on existing and new industrial systems
- Define and deliver Industrial system design ways of working (Process, Methods and Tools including Model Based Systems Engineering capabilities and requirements) to contribute to the development of a Digital Design and Manufacturing approach (DDM)
- Increase the knowledge and autonomy of manufacturing communities by supporting the implementation of the Industrial System Design way of working and best practices in manufacturing areas including the engineering community.
- Promote the use of internal good practices and external benchmarking by acting transversally with the extended manufacturing communities.
- Support key Airbus industrial challenges as an expert and improve business performance by advising manufacturing stakeholders on business priorities and supporting the development of the most effective and efficient industrial system
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks will include:
- Developing Industrial System Design ways of working to answer business issues & priorities, defining/updating the required competence model for the standards
- Steering the initial implementation of Industrial System design ways of working in the plant/FAL following the Industrial deployment strategy with an “I do, we do, you do” logic
- Evaluating current and future industrial solutions and giving recommendations
- Transferring knowledge to manufacturing communities
- Supporting Digital Design and Manufacturing development and deployment
- Supporting key projects with Industrial System Design skills & competences in the context of ad hoc Top Management Requests (Head of Function, COO, CEO) to ensure project outcomes are delivering tangible benefits to the company and enabling sustainable, long-term performances.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- You have a 5-year degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering and have solid knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes, production management and industrialisation principles.
- You have led lean/continuous improvement projects demonstrating tangible & sustainable results
- You can demonstrate operational experience in the implementation and optimisation of industrial systems (design phase, implementation, management of production processes)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, active listening and pro-active approach
- Teaching skills
- Driving force in proposing solutions
- Influencing and convincing skills
- Start-up mindset
- English at negotiation level
- French at negotiation level
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application, you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.