Supply Chain Architect (f/m)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Supply Chain Architect (m/f) has arisen within Satair (a 100% Airbus subsidiary) in Hamburg at the earliest possible start date.
As part of the Operations Development department, you will join the Supply Chain Strategy and Design team. As Supply Chain Architect you will define the roadmap to the future of the Satair Supply Chain.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Define and lead the design and development of the future state Supply Chain enabling the Satair business plan and organization’s strategic goals (Global footprint, technology, transport setup, network capacity sizing, investment plan…)
- Perform supply chain business intelligence, capturing trends and potential disruptions and identifying associated strategic response (R&D, partnership…)
- Define and maintain a reference model (simulation) and process architecture of the current Satair supply chain enabling the end to end management and improvement of the supply chain
- Evaluate business scenarios from a Supply Chain perspective and formulate recommendations for senior management and define implementation plan (complete business case, associated trade off, risk and opportunities, resource and project plan…)
- Identify and prioritize short, mid-term necessary Supply Chain improvement to meet operating plan and enable S&OP
- Secure their implementation via a Supply Chain Transformation Platform
This role will involve some travel for business once to twice a month in Europe and worldwide and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Significant experience in Supply Chain design in different industries. A consulting background or an experience in aviation industry is a plus.
- A first experience of supply chain modelling and Simulation
- Experience in process design and Management
- Experience or expertise in IT and digital transformation is a plus
- Very strong analytical skills and the ability to work in complex and complicated environment
- Ability to have an holistic view on your environment and to derive priorities and explain them
- Great communication skills and ability to adapt messages from top management to working Level
- Negotiation level in English
Most importantly, you have a lot of positive energy, a true willingness to learn and grow and you share our belief that it is all about people.
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft)
- approx. 12,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com). Please add your CV and relevant certificates. Regarding your motivation please upload your individual cover letter including your earliest possible start date and your salary expectations.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
What do we offer:
- Challenging tasks for unique services and products
- Interesting development opportunities, exciting perspectives
- Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings)
- Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment
- Flexible working hours & working time compensation
- Compatibility of work and family life, e.g. childcare services
- Attractive remuneration with components such as Christmas bonus, holiday pay, variable remuneration, profit-sharing, etc.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Share Ownership Program and other share offers
- Health management, e.g. company medical officer
- Car leasing models for employees
- And a lot more
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.