Resource Manager for Engineering
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Engineering Resource Manager has arisen within Airbus in Blagnac, France.
You will join the Engineering Academy, and will be responsible to consolidate the Engineering resource plan for the next years. The planning of Engineering Resource is important to anticipate and adapt to fast evolving business needs and challenges.
You will own the Program Engineering Resource (PER) process to anticipate needs in resources and competences to secure availability of resources on time and with the right competences.
In this objective, you will start from business assumptions and program needs to build Engineering Workload prediction and correlate with Engineering Workforce prediction to analyse gaps and define resource adaptation plan.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your mission will consist in:
- Defining resource model in line with competences strategy and current business needs.
- Understanding business assumptions and explaining those to Engineering network as hypothesis for PER exercise, making sure of alignment.
- Harmonizing and rationalizing rules across Engineering Center of Competence (CoCs), and provide guidance and support on Resource Management PER process, while offering training & coaching when needed.
- Driving the Engineering network for their contribution to PER.
- Analysing critical mass achieved with CoCs active contribution via the SOCLE project.
- Ensuring that Resource Management PER process is fully synchronized with Finance and Human Resource (HR) process, and that PER outcome is consistent and accurate in term of overall Engineering integration (judgment & order of magnitude estimate).
- Consolidating the all Engineering PER dossier including Engineering Workload, Workload/Workforce matching, and staffing plan as action to close out the gap from Workload/Workforce matching.
- Performing feasibility studies following programs’ assumptions, understanding the key factors and their impacts on Workload capacity answer (playing with assumptions, timeline …).
In this role, you will combine models through ensemble modelling aiming at presenting large amounts of data information (Finance costing models, predictive resource distribution laws from Engineering, Aircraft products development gates, Attrition law from HR, actuals from the past …), and build predictive models.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Your Boarding Pass
- Strong experience in Resource Management.
- Experience in Business Case analysis.
- Experience in Data Analysis and Data modelling.
- Good Finance basics to understand Operational Plan (OP), headcounts, etc.
- Engineering background could be helpful to understand aircraft programs and life cycle.
- Previous experience in Competence & Learning Management would be an asset.
- Good coding skills, experience with Excel Macros to perform some simulations.
- Feasibility studies capability.
- Team player with good synthesis and communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate, engage and federate, work in collaboration.
- Negotiation level in English.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply with your CV attached in English.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.