Quality Data Analyst (m/f)
Airbus St Nazaire
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Quality Data Analyst (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Saint-Nazaire. You will join Improvement Department.
Responsible for the implementation of an efficient corrective management digital system, your activities will be the following ones:
- To transform data into actionable insights for product performance, business and market intelligence, operational diagnostics and prognostics.
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Understand the Airbus Saint-Nazaire business context and value, and identify appropriate data sets and analytical model and/or tools to apply towards solving them
- Based on data modelling provided by IT, with a focus on business needs, extract and integrated structured data from various databases/data-stores
- Develop, test and implement the most suitable analytical models to identify meaningful patterns or trends from complex data sets and types
- Analyse and improve regularly the accuracy of models against business needs
- Communicate findings through effective and easy-to-understand data visualisations adapted to the audience
- Actively contribute and share best practices, findings, and techniques with the wider data community
- Manage quick and pro-active analysis enabling to contain the quality issues and launch corrective & preventive actions
- Support Continuous improvement, participate to Operational Monitoring to anticipate recurrent Quality issues and suggest action plans.
- Support Airbus Digital Transformation strategy to deploy it in Quality teams in Saint-Nazaire.
- Be the interface between Quality teams (corrective, stations) and information systems.
- Lead digitalization projects through multifunctional teams, several units or several programs.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Leading fast and pro-active investigations to launch containment, corrective and preventive actions. Ensuring action plan follow-up and drumbeating responsible or stakeholders through process, procedures or design modifications.
- Identifying major and/or recurrent defects base on surveillance, external/internal audit and various analysis (NCs, Concessions, QLBs, PPS, CnQ).
- Determining these anomalies impacts, evaluate and confirming resolution priorities.
- Conducting investigations in a reactive and proactive mode to provide the right declaration of the anomaly.
- Using, modifying, enriching and cleaning databases to make them available for unit and simplify analysis.
- Automating database enrichment to allow more time for the analysis.
- Defining and creating pertinent KPIs to deploy piloting Dashboards for stations and corrective teams. Sharing and training the users on new interfaces.
- Identifying the process and workflow that can be optimize thanks to digital analysis tools.
- Collaborating and heading data scientists during complex applications development and implementation.
- Guarantying proper functioning and veracity of the digital tools. Measuring and sensitizing QOM and QLS to data quality.
- Helping Non-Quality Cost reduction (CNQ) by leading statistic and predictive analysis.
- Being the interface between their functions, the data ecosystem and the requested solution
- Coaching the function in the data-driven mind-set
- Being part of the Airbus Data Analyst community to share and learn from best practices.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Master degree level (or equivalent) in Mathematics/Quality/Statistics/Informatics or a related discipline.
- Experience in Industry / Experience in Aeronautics would be a plus
- Palantir tools for Airbus: Explorer, Contour, Slate
- Statistic IT tools: SPC Vision, Spotfire, Hadoop
- Project management tools
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Data wrangling: data enrichment, manipulation, cleansing and feature engineering.
- Advanced analytics: supervised and unsupervised Machine learning, statistical inference
- Communication skills, active listening and understanding
- Sense of initiative, synthesis and autonomy
- Rigour, creativity and curiosity
- Analytical problem solving
- Taste for emerging technologies and Big Data
- Source of proposals
- Language Skills: negotiation level of English and French
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.