Software Engineer (f/m) – Simulation Development Environment
Airbus Defence and Space Manching
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Software Engineer – Simulation Development Environment (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join “Simulation & Test Environment”.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing, and maintaining our simulation & test environments.
- Contributing to the evolution of our middleware technology for distributed & real-time applications.
- Applying cutting-edge technologies and techniques.
- Supporting design and development of our flight simulator products.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or related
- Outstanding programming skills in Java and C++
- Excellent skills in programming with Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP)
- Knowledge about Eclipse Modelling Framework (EMF) and the Eclipse community
- Superior analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures and software design
- Proven knowledge in multi-platform development, plugin architectures, and state-of-the-art programming paradigms, -patterns, -frameworks, -architectures
- Skills in creating UX elements is a plus (artwork and visual design skills, Photoshop, JavaFX, Qt/QML)
- English: fluent / negotiation level
What do we offer:
- Challenging tasks for/with unique services and products
- Pleasant working atmosphere in a professional and international work environment
- Exciting development opportunities and perspectives
- Extensive company training offers (eLearning and Classroom Trainings)
- Flexible working hours
- Compatibility of work and family life
- Attractive remuneration
- Company Pension Scheme
- Good connections to public transport and local parking facilities
- Catering facilities on site
- Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 4,500
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus-group.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.