Employee fire brigade (m/f)
Airbus Defence and Space Manching
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Employee fire brigade (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Manching. The successful applicant will join “GWLGOI2”.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring preventive and defensive fire protection on site, especially in flight operations (e.g. in engine runs, refuelling and defuelling processes of aircraft) incl. pilot rescue
- Support of the rescue service, performance of security and special tasks
- Inspection and functional testing of all existing fire protection systems (sprinklers, extinguishing systems, etc.) as well as inspection and functional testing of all fire alarm systems at the entire Airbus Manching site
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Successfully completed vocational training
- Experience in active fire service
Training in emergency services is an advantage
- Respiratory protection capability (G26-3)
- Breathing apparatus wearer fire brigade engineer
- Driving licence class CE
- Residence close to the location with regard to readiness to issue an alert
PC authorisation required (no previous convictions)
- Willingness to work shifts, weekends and public holidays
- Willingness for necessary further training (e.g. fire protection specialist)
- Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 4,500
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus-group.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.