Buyer Equipment & Systems, Electrical Distribution Systems (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for Buyer Equipment & Systems, Electrical Distribution Systems (m/f) has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse.
You will join “Power on Board MFT” department to manage a Major European and American Suppliers.
You will be responsible for the implementation of AIRBUS Procurement actions on a portfolio of equipments and systems for all Airbus programmes.
You will contribute to Multi Functional Team (MFT) and Sub-Commodity Multi-Functional Team activities.
You will support the definition of and implement the Sub-Commodity Strategies and will be in charge of the Procurement Process for your perimeter.
In close alignment with the System Commodity Leader / MFT Leader, you have responsibility for (i) managing the process of selecting suppliers (ii) purchasing of the respective equipments and systems, (iii) compliance buyer with A2131, A2133 & A2134 and other applicable Airbus APs, (iv) enforcing and updating applicable contracts throughout the equipment and system life cycle including the negotiation of change requests (v) managing the business interface with part of the supplier base and (vi) supporting the achievement of Cost Reduction Targets for your perimeter
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Implementing & ensuring application of the Sub-Commodity & Procurement Strategy in close cooperation with the SCL / MFT Leader and in accordance with A2131, A2133 & A2134 and other applicable Airbus APs.
- Contributing to the Equipment & Systems Procurement policy and profitability.
- Planning and implementing cost reduction campaigns and projects.
- Running call for tender processes, negotiating changes requests, managing corresponding approval and authorization processes and ensuring associated ordering (NRC ordering and Master Data management).
- Supporting the definition and implementation of supplier rating and development programs in close cooperation with Systems Sourcing department and ensuring appropriate follow-up of development measures.
- Working with representatives of other functions in accordance with business requirements.
- Being in charge of the contract management, performing regular contract reviews in order to (i) guarantee compliance between contract terms & conditions and the activities conducted by the supplier (ii) proactively manages risks and (iii) manages deviations and litigations by taking appropriate actions to protect Airbus' interest.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience as a buyer
- Efficient project management skills
- Effective negotiator with proven commercial and contractual background and legal awareness
- In depths know-how of the supplier market and strategies of your perimeter
- Experience in the Systems and Equipments market would be a plus
- Financial key indicators knowledge
- Experience in cost reduction initiatives
- Ability to drive improvement & innovation to concrete results
- Proven in communication, especially with supplier representatives
- Effective management of customer expectations and stakeholders
- Language Skills: Negotiation level in English. French would be a plus.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.