MAIT Cost Engineer
Airbus Defence and Space Barajas
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A position as a MAIT Cost Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Bararjas (Madrid). The successful applicant will join TOMSC1 department.
This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer to build a career in the Airbus Organization, working closely with the Engineering, Procurement, Finance and MAIT team in Spain.
You will be responsible for consolidating bids and offers quotations. The focus will be mainly on space projects for Recurring and Non-Recurring Cost activities required in the MAIT of spacecraft's and launchers, across all current and future programs. You will be accountable for gathering accurate quotations for all work Packages, on time and to the right quality. The quotations will cover new offers and changes on existing programs and will be used for efficient negotiations with customers.
Working closely with the MAIT, Engineering and Procurement teams, you will be required to collect and consolidate local/team estimations consistent with the technical baselines.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Collect relevant information and prepare, challenge and synthetize required assumptions for the production of the quotation and, in case of partial inputs, generate consistent assumptions. Organize interviews if needed to clarify the requirements and hypothesis.
- Get quotations for work-packages against a set of assumptions.
- Be accountable for the integrity and consistency of quotations.
- Perform and provide quotations, assess the bid and offer quality or risk scenario, identify cost drivers and recommend cost optimization in regard of available assumptions
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Aeronautical or Industrial Engineering degree or a related discipline.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in Manufacturing and/ or Engineering.
- Experience of product knowledge including manufacturing processes with analytical skills
- Experience in cost estimate
- Commercial or finance profile will be a plus
- Spanish would be a plus
- English :Negotiation level
- Good communication skills to interact with many different stake holders
- Team spirit
- Eager to learn
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Helicopters, Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 6,900
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
In case you have any further questions, please contact: The Airbus Group Recruitment Centre.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.