Technical Services Structures Engineer
Airbus Defence and Space Brize Norton
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Services Structures Engineer within Airbus Defence & Space in Brize Norton.
As the successful candidate you will work within a small team based at the customer's maintenance facility at RAF Brize Norton, and will work as a structural Specialist for the Voyager (A330) airframe. You will provide onsite technical support for customer's maintenance organisation, for aircraft structural issues, (Metal and Composite) repairs, modifications, structural integrity management and through life support of airframe and associated structures.
You will also be maintaining a record of all structural damage and repairs carried out and this will include working with repair materials, fasteners and structural repair manuals.
The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of working amongst a critical workload as well participating in the essential service delivery and support of a complex programme.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Providing onsite technical assistance for all structural issues on Voyager (A330).
- Manage and record structural repairs and damage.
- Assessment of structurally related technical documentation, including Airworthiness Directives and Service Bulletins.
- Raising Maintenance Requests for Structural repairs.
- Entering data into customer's IT system (Envision by Rusada).
- Investigating in-service structural reliability issues.
- Answering customer queries.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Engineering degree or EASA Part 66 Licence.
- Experience in a Technical Services role.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of EASA Part M regulations.
- Detailed technical knowledge of Airbus metal and composite structures.
- Working knowledge of Airbus structural repair manuals (SRMs).
- Detailed knowledge of repair materials, fasteners, standard practices and techniques.
- Good understanding of repair drawings.
- Knowledge of Service Bulletins and Airworthiness Directives.
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.