Lean Specialist Intern
Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: Jun/Jul 2018
Number of positions: 2
In this position the candidate will be assisting the deployment of Lean in the whole perimeter of Space Systems and for the development of Lean leadership. They will also raise the level of Lean competence throughout the organisation and contribute to increasing performance in the areas
The Lean organisation is transversal, you will support projects outside of your portfolio, eventually on other business lines of Airbus Defence and Space and you will be supported in your missions by the rest of the Lean team, located on several sites.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
- In all cases the successful candidate will be assisting in the following areas.
- They will support and leading the implementation of LEAN methods (5S, Visual Management, VSM) within MAIT area.
- Shaping the improvement projects together with our internal customers: Industrialization and Engineering.
- This implies starting with the definition of the target, measurement of the AS IS, analysis of the root cause, construction of the improvement, the associated business case and its application.
- On the projects of your portfolio: implement the improvements by diagnosis, moderation and coaching of relevant LEAN methodologies.
- Training the managers and employees to spread lean mindset.
- Proactively running analyses and initiating improvement initiatives.
- Challenging the company via external benchmarks, state of the art methodologies and a lot of common sense.
- The Lean organisation being transversal you will support projects outside of your portfolio, eventually on other business lines of Airbus Defence and Space and you will be supported in your missions by the rest of the Lean team, located on several sites.
Degree requirements: Engineering degree (preferably Aerospace)
Technical / IT / Behavioural / Language skills required (essential / desirable criteria):
- Knowledge of Lean methods: 5S, Visual Management, VSM.
- Basic knowledge of Project and Process Management.
- Experience in MS Office.
- International experience and experience in coaching would be a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; Team player.
- Out of the box thinking and ability to challenge the status quo will be appreciated.
- United Kingdom
- Airbus Defence and Space
- approx.. 1,200
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.