GEO Enterprise Architect (M/F)
Airbus Defence and Space Toulouse (ex Astrium SV Spotimage)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a GEO Enterprise Architect (M/F) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse.
Airbus Defence and Space has engaged the Digitalization of its businesses. Several initiatives are running in parallel to transform the existing business processes and to move accordingly the current information systems into new technologies, mainly based on Cloud.
In that frame, the INTELLIGENCE business cluster of CIS (CIS-INT) is renewing all the information systems which support the exploitation of its current fleet of Earth Observation satellites and the delivery of value-added services from the imagery data collected by these satellites. A large project is currently run by CIS-INT with the objective to develop in the coming two years new geo-information systems and solutions based on Cloud technologies and to put them progressively into operation before 2020, when Pleiades Neo, the next generation of EO satellite, will enter into service.
CIS-INT, through the CIS Engineering, is recruiting an Enterprise Architect to support the transformation of its geo-information systems and to provide the adequate technical guidance to the business, project and operation managers in order to succeed in that transformation.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Consolidating and managing a global technical roadmap for CIS-INT geo-information systems for their evolutions and for the digital transformation of their architecture;
- In coordination with all the architects of the business cluster, and based on her/his experience in new digital technologies (cloud, web, etc.), selecting the adequate technologies, software or tools to be used or preferred to develop new components of these systems;
- Managing surveys of the new technologies and update the technical roadmap as necessary.
- Ensuring that the functional & technical architecture of the CIS-INT information systems is well defined, both in current (As-Is) and future (To-Be) status; Working in coordination with all the system, software, security & IT architects of the company to define this architecture and ensure its overall consistency with the technical strategy of the company
- Ensuring that a reference model of this architecture is well defined and documented (specifications, interfaces, operational concepts, etc.); Ensuring that this model is adequately configured and maintained according to the regular evolutions of these systems
- In coordination with the Security Governance officer of the company, making sure that all the adequate security measures are well implemented in the CIS-INT geo-information systems and, if necessary, plan for the required evolutions to meet these requirements
- Contributing to the design reviews organized in the frame of company projects to validate the considered architecture and technical solution;
- Controlling the technical feasibility of any evolution envisaged on the CIS-INT geo-information systems and its alignment with the overall architecture;
- Controlling and validating the technical feasibility of geo-information solutions proposed to customers and its alignment with the architecture strategy of the company;
- Organizing or supporting technical tradeoffs when new architecture solution or new technology have to be selected; arbitrate in case of discussions between company architects;
- Leading and animating the network of the various CIS-INT architects: system architects, solution architects, software architects, IT/network architects;
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to master degree level
- 10+ year experience in architecture of information systems handling large volumes of data and designed for service deliveries;
- Comprehensive knowledge of software, IT, application and system engineering with lead experience in new digital technologies (Digitalization, Cloud, etc.)
- Knowledge of Earth Observation service business
- Experience as leader of engineering design phase for large information system phase is desired;
- Knowledge of new agile development approaches would be a plus
- Language Skills: negotiation level of French and English is mandatory
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.