INTERNSHIP - Protocols and Standard Technology Components, Time Sensitive Network (M/F)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An internship in Protocols and standard Technology Components, Time Sensitive Network (M/F) has arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse (Saint-Martin).
You will be part of the Airbus Design Office in Saint-Martin-du-Touch (Toulouse site), working in the "Avionics platforms and electrical systems" sector and more specifically at the "Data Communication Network & Certification" department.
You will be under the responsibility of the specialist in avionics communication networks. Your primary mission will be, firstly, to study emerging technologies in onboard networks from the automotive industry, in particular TSN (Time Sensitive Network) technologies, and secondly, to identify the services that are most compatible with current avionics needs based on AFDX (Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet) technologies.
This internship will start in may 2018 (date subject to some flexibility) and is for a duration of 6 months.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
Basing your work on feedback from previous programmes and state-of-the-art technologies for onboard networks, your main activities will include:
- Understanding and defining all AFDX services which meet data exchange needs in the avionics sector.
- Analysing TSN standards and extracting the services that are equivalent or complementary to AFDX networks; performance criteria and topologies must be taken into account to validate the correspondences.
- Defining a set of services and functions that will be the new basis for new technology that is proposed to anticipate evolutions in communications techniques, while taking into account future avionics communication architectures.
- Listing and analysing the various TSN electronic components available on the market, and evaluating their uses in an avionics network in order to comply with operational security requirements and environmental constraints. Switching and interface aspects (both hardware and software) for subscribers must be covered as well.
- Identifying the best strategy(s) for introducing this technology.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Holder of a 4-year university degree, in your final year of network and communications engineering studies.
- Extremely well versed in network protocols: TCP/IP, QoS, AVB , Ethernet, etc.
- Knowledge of electronics would be a plus, in particular Ethernet switching architectures
- Experience in hardware and software development
- English: advanced level
- French: intermediate level
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy online at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV and a cover letter in English attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.