Data Scientist for Federator (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you experienced in Data Analytics and convinced by the business added value of the digitisation?
The Airbus’ A320 Family Information System (ZIB) is looking for a Data Scientist for Federator to join its team in Toulouse, France.
Airbus started its Digital journey. The objective being to transform the company and to prepare it for the future. This transformation includes new global governance, new ways of working and the implementation of digital business services and platforms. At the same time, the company is going data driven for its legacy information system.
The Process, Methods and Tools (PMT) federator is the tool system that allows performing inventory, mapping and analysis on the Airbus information system. Thanks to this technology it builds a federated view of the information system encompassing the 3 layers of the enterprise information system: Process, Methods and Tools.
Accessing at the same time with a federated view on those 3 layers allow Airbus to perform comprehensive analysis of the business through lean analysis, impact analysis and Value Stream Mapping (VSM) to take decisions
The Data Scientist for Federator is fully responsible to lead the PMT Federator activities, in particular in Hamburg, to contribute to Single Aisle program process method and tools changes/evolution. This will be performed according the need of the information system architecture with the ZIB architect
The challenges are numerous and exciting, but with the right passion, high level of creativity and disruptor mind set, we are sure you will bring our company to the next level in our digital transformation!
Join us to Drive Digitalization and be part of our great team of digital movers and makers!
Tasks & accountabilities
Specific responsibilities of the position are:
- Lead the business-goal and data definition around data projects,
- Propose, Develop and Implement the best available data-science model matching business needs in term of scalability, performance-evaluation and validation-result,
- Develop and Implement data-visualization around data result allowing team collaboration,
- Orient technical and functional evolution of the big-data platform and tools allowing evolution of data-model performance matching business-goals and business demands,
- Create logical and physical data models, using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced data redundancy,
- Develop, implement and maintain schedule/dependency logic for automated ETL processing,
- Maintain the Conceptual, Logical and Physical data models along with corresponding metadata,
This role will involve some travel for and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Your Boarding Pass
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree (or equivalent) in an area such as information technology, applied mathematics, engineering, or big data related field,
- Experience with data integration, quality, and management – combining independent sources to create a more complete view,
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and inference,
- Experience in data manipulation, wrangling and feature engineering,
- Programming knowledge in one or more of the following languages: R, Python, Java, Matlab, or similar,
- Mathematical foundation preferable
- Autonomous with excellent communication skills, displaying an ability to take initiative with a pragmatic mindset, and active listening skills
- Learning agility , curious and creative, independence of mind and innovative “out of the box thinking”,
- Speed matters, you have a propensity for action,
- Sense of curiosity and team spirit, desire to learn for oneself and others,
- Sense of details and passion for solutions and technologies that solve problems
- Negotiation level of English(Intermediate French would be a plus)
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.