Mock-up/Demo Network PF Manager (m/f)
Airbus Defence & Space Elancourt
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Mock-up/Demo Network PF Manager (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Elancourt.
You will be in charge of Integration/development/validation of platforms for the Hybrid Networks solutions, in the R&D context. In this role, you will work under the responsibility of the IVVQ manager and platforms & tools manager in relation with the solution manager/team that are the voice of customers.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for the Demonstration/mock-up platform(s) (set-up, administration, "glue scripting")
- Participating in project planning and roadmap reviews regarding mock-up/demo platform(s) availability
- Participating in internal/external demonstrations in relation with the Solution manager
- Contributing in an Agile manner to roadmap definition
- Great communication skills (including active listening and comprehending requirements).
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Graduated from a system or network engineering school (or equivalent 5-year degree),
- 5 years or more of experience in managing/administrating/Integration/Validation/Verification
platforms in the Network area
- Ability to understand and apply abstract architectural concepts at a project, enterprise and multiple customers level
- Ability to set-up large scale of network technologies, such as Satellite Communications, mobile network (3G/4G/5G), OSS/BSS, LAN/WAN, BGP, OSPF,
network management system, MANO, MESH, PMR, network security features
- Be aware of emerging new technologies (not limited to): 5G, MEF, SDWA, Network slicing, OpenFlow, Cognitive Radio
- Excellent technical communications and software modelling skills combined with strategic thinking and analytical capability, including addressing non-functional requirements
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery methodology
- Knowledge of Jenkins/Hudson or another Continuous Integration and release management tool
- Good knowledge of SCM tools including Git, subversion
- Knowledge of build automation tools e.g. maven, ant, gradle
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages e.g. python, ruby, groovy
- Must be a team player, should be able to get along well with others
- Negotiation level of French and English.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space, Other Business
- approx. 3,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.