EEE Supply Officer
Airbus Defence & Space Portsmouth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a EEE Supply Officer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth.
The EEE Centre is looking for an Engineer with substantial procurement experience in bare PCB / Electrical / Electronic components to work as a Supply Officer managing the procurement of hi-rel (high reliability) EEE (Electrical, Electronic, Electro-mechanical) components and bare PCBs/Substrates in accordance with Military / ESCC / IPC Specifications for space applications. The Supply Officer has operational responsibility for the procurement of EEE/PCB components from purchase request up to release to stock, for allocated suppliers / products.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
- Manage EEE/PCB requisition release process from user release to purchase order preparation, including supplier selection
- Manage overall purchase order life cycle for designated suppliers, including order approval
- Follow up operationally the suppliers, implement recovery plan if necessary, manage the deliveries and acceptance of incoming inspection
- Utilise knowledge of the EEE/PCB supplier base to negotiate price, lead-time, terms & conditions, etc., with component suppliers for the benefit of projects.
- Manage the issue and assessment of suitable RFQs for components.
- Status and exception reporting regarding procurement activities
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Qualifications and/or Skills
- Higher vocational qualifications in one of Materials/Electronics/Physics/Engineering or similar
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Communication – written and verbal, team working, professional behaviour, negotiation.
- Highly productive approach: Proactive behaviour, Self-motivation, Flexibility, highly reactive to priorities.
- Skilled user of business systems and processes, e.g. Materials Requirements Planning, Parts Data Management.
- Strong IT Competency
- Significant experience within an electronics/aerospace/PCB industry environment, working within a Procurement, Supply Management, function.
- Experience as EEE/PCB Supply Manager or Procurement Engineer in European/US Space industry.
- Procurement Experience with SAP or other MRP system.
- United Kingdom
- Airbus Defence and Space
- approx.. 1,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.