Mechanical Platform Project Manager - 12 month FTC
Airbus Defence & Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Mechanical Platform Project Manager has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Stevenage.
- You will co-ordinate and manage all project activities on the mechanical Platform, to the satisfaction of the customer and company management.
- You will ensure that all deliverables are on Quality, on Time and on Cost.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Provide the team with a vision and strategy for achieving the overall project goals, build, organise and lead a team. Communicating company information to them.
- To build and maintain a positive relationship with the customer.
- Exercise strict control of the project cost and human resource levels, ensuring that the project milestones are achieved within the cost profiles, ensuring manpower resources are adequate, and reporting project schedule and costs on a monthly basis.
- To identify facility or resource limitations (including staff availability) preventing successful project completion and ensure resolution of the issues.
- To manage all aspects of the project on a day to day basis to ensure all technical, programme and cost issues are executed according to the company standards and customer satisfaction.
- Co-ordinate and control by detailed planning of all the resources required to deliver the product.
- To be responsible for all safety and design company policies within the project.
- Maintain the necessary technical and safety standards defined for the project, ensuring that the project meets the customer’s performance, quality and reliability requirements. Ensure that for the project there is a proper start up adopted and that at project closure there is a lessons learnt issued.
- Recover from the customer all reasonable costs for additional work through a change note procedure
- Establish a risk reduction programme at the project start and manage risk retirement throughout the project.
This role will involve frequent travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering with ideally experience in Spacecraft Mechanical Platforms.
- Solid Project Management experience in the full life cycle of a project.
- Familiar with all aspects of the Project Life Cycle from Design to Production, including Programme Control, Risk Management, Cost Control and with limited experience of customer negotiation.
- Demonstrable evidence of full Stakeholder Management and skills also acting as the Customer Interface.
- Knowledge of the design drivers and production processes associated with the Design of Spacecraft products.
- Experience managing a full project budget in a complex environment.
- Demonstrable evidence of Delivery of High-Tech / Quality Engineering product (preferably Mechanical.)
- Interpersonal skills such as good presentation and communication skills.
- United Kingdom
- Airbus Defence and Space
- approx.. 1,200
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.