L2 Network Service Engineer
Airbus Defence & Space Newport
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Network Service Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space - Newport.
The Network Service Engineer is responsible for providing technical assistance and solutions to users and customers via the service desk and providing an interface to other technical stakeholders.
The role is based on shift working to cover requirements.
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain UK DV Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- To provide resolution to service incidents and problems, applying diagnosis and maintenance activities, this includes both military and commercial contracts.
- Identify and champion opportunities to drive enhanced value and cost savings that ensure services are delivered cost
- Participate in the company 24/7 rotating shift program as required by the service contract and company needs.
- Performing initial troubleshooting of faults using the management platform
- Diagnosing and fixing faults within the SLA, either remotely or utilising Field Maintenance Engineers (FMEs) on site.
- Liaising with FME when on site and providing assistance when required.
- Focal point for other help desks both internal within Airbus and external agencies
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
¤ HNC or equivalent in a Comms/Engineering discipline
¤ Cisco CCNA
¤ Previous network installation experience.
¤ Proven experience as a network support engineer
¤ Proven experience of network installation and commissioning
¤ Windows NT/XP/2000/2003 desktop and server environments
¤ PacketShaper/Steelhead desirable
¤ Service Desk methodology i.e. ITIL, Prince2, SixSigma
- United Kingdom
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Other Business
- approx. 900
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
In case you have any further questions, please contact: The Airbus Group Employment Operations
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.