Internship 2018 Motor fastener value chain (m/f).
Airbus St Eloi
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The candidate will join the ESYSM team dedicated to the engine attachment component for all programs and responsible for:
- Managing the various Design & Stress analyses (Static and F&TD)
- Taking into account a multi-program and multi-business approach
- These activities are linked to different types of engines and include a part of the Make and Buy strategy.
- 16 motor attachment configurations are available in 6 programs (including A400M, A350, SA NEO and A330NEO) with 7 different suppliers.
6 Month internship will start from January (Date subject to some flexibility).
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks:
- Optimization (design/manufacture/materials)
- Support to manufacturing and industrialisation
- Detailed improvement on configuration management
The main perimeter will be the value chain for motor fasteners, taking into account an innovative approach:
- Developing a communality between A350-900 & -1000 programmes
- Propose a design optimized for mass gain
- Investigate new manufacturing processes
- High Deposit Rate (HDR) for Titanium parts
- Additive Layer Manufacturing (ALM) for Inconel parts
- One-piece push rods
- Screwed thrust rods
- Material change: TI17 (high temperature) / 15-5PH / Other
- Knowledge in static analysis, F&TD on metallic structures (fatigue and tolerance damage), Catia V6,3D experiment or other design software.
- Motivated, committed, who knows how to adapt to the various field jobs (design and industrialization)
- Good interpersonal communication, good communicator,
- Able to perform several tasks in parallel,
- Autonomous, creative, innovative, innovative, strong proposal making
English: advanced level, perform meetings, writing reports
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.