Pylon F&DT Stress Engineer (m/f)
Airbus St Eloi
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a F&DT (Fatigue & Damage Tolerance) Stress Analyst is available in SA (Single Aisle), LR (Long Range) (Neo & Ceo) and WB (Wide Body) Engineering Pylons team, within Airbus, located in Toulouse (Saint Eloi site) - France.
You will join the Pylons Engineering Department.
Tasks & accountabilities
In Saint Eloi engineering Plateau, in the near vicinity of the product and of the manufacturing teams, you will have to contribute to all stress activities, covering mainly F&DT perimeter, dedicated to SA, LR and WB pylons structure.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to A330-900 (Neo version) pylon full fatigue test follow up and analysis,
- Contributing to fatigue assessment of 251t version on A330 Neo,
- Contributing to SA & LR manufacturing support (perimeter make or buy) by answering to concessions or to manufacturing queries,
- Insuring in-service follow up of all SA, LR and WB in service A/C by answering to daily repairs (stress justification to perform) or to engineering queries sent by the customer services,
- Providing technical assessment to ISO (In service Occurrence), ISRO (In service Reportable Occurrence) or MISP (Major in Service Problem) and preparing associated answers to airworthiness authorities,
- Contributing to modifications justification and if needed to service bulletins proposal,
- Supporting in service A/C improvements through certification of Weight Variant, certification of extended service goal or through maintenance program update or simplification,
- Contributing to potential RFW 1000 and RFW 5000 instructions (on demand) (RFW1000: Request for work launched by Customer Services when a fleet issue is identified / RFW5000: engineering feasibility studies launched by Chief Engineer to improve the product).
All of these above activities will have to be performed by yourself or can be partially subcontracted (E2S or offshore). In such a case, you will have to insure technical follow up of subcontracting activities (job specification thanks to engineering coordination memos preparation and distribution, activities follow up and final validation).
You will work in interface with Saint Eloi and FAL manufacturing teams, Plant program, Engineering program team, Customer Services teams…
You will develop your technical knowledge and you will have the opportunity to work on the end to end Airbus processes (from definition of the WP, and manufacturing support until in service follow up).
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- 5 years-degree in Engineering.
- At least 7 years-experience in F&DT Stress Domain,
- Strong knowledge of stress principles, methods and tools (ISAMI, Nastran, Patran..),
- Knowledge of Hypermesh would be also appreciated,
- Prior experience on pylons would be appreciated,
- Good understanding of airworthiness requirements,
- Advanced level in French and English.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.