Sales Manager (Aero) Network in the Sky – Secure Communications (m/f).
Airbus Defence & Space Elancourt
Airbus Defence & Space Toulouse
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Sales Manager (Aero) Network in the Sky – Secure Communications (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Elancourt. The successful candidate will join the Marketing and Sales Department.
You will be responsible for identifying, qualifying and closing new and sustainable business within Secure Aero Connectivity and System control programme. Ensuring there is an appropriate pipeline of opportunities to allow for short term traction as well as securing long term programmes with ongoing and positive trending transactional business.
As part of the Network in the Sky programme team, this position will need to demonstrate seasoned defence and government stakeholder relationships and a solid understanding of European Aero programmes and the procurement mechanism within the aero connectivity arena.
You will be asked to demonstrate a successful track record in selling within this arena, the ability to work as part of a dynamic team and show a proven ability to drive new business to closure.
This position can be based in Elancourt or Toulouse.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and qualifying the addressable market for Aero Connectivity in government and defence,
- Working with the programme lead to construct route to market strategies, customer stakeholder maps and end user education and demonstrations,
- Building a credible sales funnel and pipeline of opportunities detailing the and the closing strategies for early momentum of revenues,
- Achieving the teams budgeted target for contracted and new business meeting order intake, sales and gross margin expectations,
- Developing relationships with customers at end user and senior level,
- Working closely with other teams and senior management within ADS to meet business, EBIT and revenue objectives,
- Delivering against individual target.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a 5-year degree specialising in telecommunications, satellite or business management,
- 10 years of successful experience in sales management (delivering and closing sales in secure aero communications markets in EMEA),
- Strong grasp of aero telecommunications systems and satellite technology,
- Proven ability to manage sales pipelines, plan and conduct contract negotiations and present in a compelling manner,
- Ability to build and maintain strategic relationships with key partners and customers,
- Ability to effectively present and articulate to Board level the pipeline and activities specific to generation of business growth,
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills,
- Strong team spirit and interpersonal skills,
- Excellent verbal and written skills in French and English. Other languages would be a plus.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space, Other Business
- approx. 3,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply online for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.