Product Control Tower Data Analyst (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Product Control Tower Data Analyst has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse.
The Product Control Tower product is one of the key digital product identified to support the Programme management teams. It becomes the cornerstone decision support IT product enabling full visibility on each aircraft (the Airbus Commercial product) current status but also for predicting potential issues and key milestone dates for this particular aircraft until delivery.
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
The mission is to deliver the right policy, means and tools to value the data set that is created or consumed by the Product Control Tower teams and tools. It includes the definition of the business data policy (data qualification, data lineage), the management of request for data usage, the direct analytics of these data and the associated outcomes (KPIs, alerting, prediction, trending, pattern, data crunching, etc.).
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques,
- Pinpointing trends, correlations and patterns in complicated data sets,
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality,
- Identifying new opportunities for process improvement,
- Providing concise data reports and clear data visualizations for management,
- Designing, creating and maintaining relational databases and data systems,
- Triaging code problems and data-related issues,
- Setting guidance and defining policies regarding data modelling, under the guidance of the Data Architect,
- Creating and maintaining conceptual, logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced data redundancy,
- Identifying relevant business data and guide ingestion teams to quickly extract data from the required sources in order to meet requirements,
- Developing, implementing and maintaining schedule/dependency logic for automated processing,
- Supporting the Enterprise Data Governance entity by providing best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices in order to ensure consistency of data models,
- Assessing market continuously to recommend evolution and adaptation of the data related methodologies, processes and tools,
- Analyzing data-related system integration challenges and proposing appropriate solutions,
- Maintaining data cleanliness and cleansing, in line with business accountabilities,
- Respecting the standards of data security, export control & data protection,
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Master’s degree level (or equivalent) in Information Technology or in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics,
- Proven working experience as a data analyst including data governance,
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques (scripting language such as R, Python, MATLAB etc)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Foundry stack from Palantir company and analytics provided by Amazon (AWS) will be a plus
- Ability to contribute in a Multi-Functional Team context, using DevOps and Agile product management methodologies, act as a team player with collaborative mindset in way of working,
- Ability to guide a product team to achieve analytics goals,
- Excellent and adaptive communication with diverse audiences & skills,
- Social, Learning agility, Autonomous, Entrepreneurship and Innovative spirit,
- Negotiation level of English, advanced level of French.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.