Satellite Navigation System Performance Engineer - Junior (f/m)
Airbus Defence & Space Ottobrunn
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Satellite Navigation System Performance Engineer - Junior (f/m) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Ottobrunn. The successful applicant will join “System Architecture”.
Tasks & accountabilities
What can you expect?
You will contribute to the ongoing deployment and exploitation phase of Galileo, the European satellite navigation system, as well as the definition of the future second generation of Galileo by contributing on system performance and integrity aspects. You will join the Airbus Navigation Department. With more than 60 engineers and almost 20 years of experience it is one of the leading expert groups in Europe for the development and implementation of the European satellite navigation systems EGNOS and Galileo.
In your daily activities you can expect:
- Support the system performance budgeting in combination with underlying system modelling to
provide the required statistical evidences
- Continuous system and service performance monitoring to assess key performance indicators
- Identification and assessment of system anomalies and feared events with contribution to
performance trouble shooting
- Characterization of Galileo Safety-of-Life support functions for EGNOS and ARAIM
- Algorithm development for system functional specification, user concept definition and real data
- Trade-off analyses for system definition and concept assessment
What are we looking for?
- Educated to a degree in an Engineering discipline such as Navigation, Systems Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Physics, Geodesy or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in satellite navigation systems, in particular GPS, Galileo and SBAS
- Profound knowledge on GNSS system and user algorithms including precise positioning concepts such
as PPP and RTK as well as Safety-of-Life integrity applications such as Advanced RAIM and SBAS
- Experience in engineering software and programming with C, Python or Matlab
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex technical problems and define innovative solutions
- Motivated to work within an international culture and willingness to adjust to an international
- readiness to acquire a national security clearance is of advantage
- Fluent in German and English
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus Defence and Space, Other Business
- approx. 6,500
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus-group.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.