Fuel, Inerting & Fire Protection Systems Engineer
Airbus Defence & Space Madrid (ex Airbus Military)
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Fuel, Inerting & Fire Protection Engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Getafe (Madrid).
The successful applicant will join TAEYP2 department.
Priority will be given to employees whose position is impacted by a workforce adaptation initiative.
Tasks & accountabilities
TAEYP2 department is design office for fuel (ATA28), fire protection (ATA26) and inerting (ATA47) systems, comprising the following programs:
- L&M (C-295, CN-235, etc…)
- Airbus Derivatives (A330 MRTT…)
- Combat (Eurofighter, C-101…)
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Development and in-service support of above mentioned systems
- Specification, qualification and certification of sub-systems and system components
- Integration of systems and system components into the aircraft
- Support Production line
- Management of system component suppliers
- Solving thermo- and fluid dynamical as well as mechanical engineering tasks and problems
- Supporting system engineers in TAEYP 'Powerplant & Installations'
- Contact to internal, external, national and international customers and partner companies
- Good knowledge in the field of thermo and fluid dynamics.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Engineering or equivalent with Fluid mechanical profile preferred.
- Around 5 years of experience in a related domain.
- Experience in system engineering.
- Experience in leading and coordinating working groups desired.
- English and Spanish must be Negotiation level.
- Team worker and proactive.
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Helicopters, Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 6,900
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.