[Project Based Contract] Demonstrator Integration Manager
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Airbus Chief Technology Office (CTO) is looking for a Demonstrator Integration Manager to join the Connected Fleet project team.
We are going to bring the Internet of Things to fleet wide aerospace communications. Our ambition is multi-modal connectivity for connected fleets through networking between aircraft, satellite and terrestrial connections. This will enable new business models, improved aircraft operation and enhanced passenger flying experiences.
The Connected Fleet Demonstrator program will showcase communications technologies needed by the changes we expect in the aviation landscape. These communication technologies will enable our aircraft to join the connected world and enable new capabilities such as Urban Air Mobility and Coordinated Operation.
The Connected Fleet Demonstrator will bring together technologies to highlight our vision of the future aviation world. As Demonstrator Integration Lead, you will be the person who makes this happen - pulling technology from the rest of the transversal and the Airbus Divisions then making the promise a reality.
This position reporting to our R&T subsidiary Airbus Exo Alpha SAS is to be based in Toulouse, France for a Project Based Fixed-Term Contract that will last for the duration of the Connected Fleet programme (2/3 years).
Tasks & accountabilities
Specific responsibilities of the position are to:
- Ownership of the Demonstrator Integration Plan - manage integration schedule and budget.
- Coordination with Communication Transversal development teams for Demonstrator specific technology.
- Coordination with Airbus Division Technology Development for Demonstrator specific technology.
- Management of external contractors participating in the demonstrator integration.
- Development of Demonstrator media material for internal and external presentations.
- Coordination with Airbus teams and integration partners for implementation of the demonstrator.
Your Boarding Pass
- Strong experience Managing Technical Integration Programs.
- Extensive Communication Systems Engineering experience and Communications Architectures.
- Demonstrated experience managing technical program Schedules and Budget.
- Experience with Airbus communications development teams and aircraft test/demonstration preferred.
- Experience managing external contractors preferred.
- Experience preparing and presenting demonstration to executive level audiences.
- Ability to travel and coordinate activities among Airbus locations.
- Ability to take charge and operate with minimum supervision and direction.
- Ability to lead by influence rather than authority.
- Ability to balance contributions from internal and external stakeholders.
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply online for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached in English.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.