INTERNSHIP – Support for Project Management and Subcontractor Management (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
An internship (m/f) for Support for Project Management and Subcontractor Management has arisen within Airbus (Commercial Aircraft) in Toulouse.
You will join the Pylon Transverse Engineering department, which is responsible for design, production support (solutions proposed in the event of a deviation in production with respect to the drawing definitions), and maintenance of the in-service fleet for the engine pylons (solutions and calculations for repairs in the event of in-service incidents, etc.).
The pylon is the aircraft component which supports the engine below the wings, without any interference between the two parts, and which ensures the aerodynamic properties of the zone. Vital aircraft systems (fuel, electricity, hydraulics, air conditioning, etc.) also pass through the pylon.
In this context, you will provide support for project management and engineering subcontracting for the E2S part (local company in Toulouse) and offshore (Airbus Group Design Office located in China) for all of the A320 CEO/NEO, A300/A330 NEO/CEO, A340, A380, A400M, and A350XWB-900/-1000 projects.
This internship will start in September 2017 and last for 6 months.
Internships at Airbus
Tasks & accountabilities
Within the department, your activities will be as follows:
- Analysing the existing situation by performing audits of the contracts/specifications and current processes
- Working to standardise the definition of the types of deliverables expected from our subcontractors and suppliers
- Analysing the Make or Buy policy in relation to the current technical specifications
- Benchmarking the Big Data exchange and processing tools within the “In or Out of Airbus” scope
- Working to ensure that the definition of the deliverables of the future call for tender for subcontractors for the pylon scope is consistent with the Make or Buy policy
- Supporting Standardisation 2.0 which concerns the processes and tools used by the Airbus teams and the various suppliers (French and Chinese), and preparing future subcontracting projects and assisting with their implementation
- Developing 2.0 follow-up tools (Excel and/or databases (e.g. Access), etc.), platforms for the exchange of contractual data/information using existing Airbus tools, and new gateways between the various tools in order to automate data transfer as far as possible.
The objective is to boost cooperation between Airbus and our partners, to produce automatic reports in order to provide information for management control, and to cross-consolidate data from the various tools and aircraft programmes.
You will also be responsible for:
- Identifying risks and opportunities related to the project
- Preparing the technical specifications for the tools developed
- Producing a progress report on the project for your internship supervisor.
This role will involve travel for business (once, twice, etc. per week/month) in (Country/Europe/worldwide) and as such, you must be able to travel accordingly.
You have the following skills and experience:
- You are completing a Master's degree or are in the final year of university or an engineering school.
- Initial experience or good knowledge of project management
- Good knowledge of Java, C++ and/or VBA programming
- Functional skills: good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team, service-minded approach
- English: advanced level
- French: intermediate level
- Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 20,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy online at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV and a cover letter in English attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.