Junior Development Engineer (m/w) - Mechanisms
Airbus Defence & Space Friedrichshafen (ex Astrium SL)
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Junior Development Engineer (m/f) - Mechanisms has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Friedrichshafen. The successful applicant will join “Structural Engineering FHN”.
Tasks & accountabilities
- Static and dynamic mechanical analyses of science and earth observation satellites and their components
- Mechanical stability performance analyses for space instruments and highly stable structures for space applications
- Mapping of thermal analysis results on mechanical mathematical models and performance of thermal distortion analyses
- Stress, strenght and buckling analyses for structural components of satellites
- Non-linear mechanical analyses of structural components of satellites
- Multi body simulations, e.g. for mechanisms (Punkt kann ggf. weggelassen werden)
- Plausibility checks and hand calculation to validate the analysis results
- Simulation and surveillance of vibration tests of satellites and their components
- Application of the pre- and post-processing software PATRAN and the FEM solver NASTRAN
- Documentation and archiving of all activities, mathematical models and analysis and test results (Punkt kann ggf. weggelassen werden)
- Degree in Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
- Very good expertise in structural dynamics of light weight structures
- First experience in composite structures, design concepts and analysis
- Good knowledge of ceramic materials appreciated
- Detailed Knowledge in the finite element method and the corresponding
tools, like pre-/postprocessors and solvers
- Ready to occasional business trips
- Negotiation level in English, German is an asset
- Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 2,500
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus-group.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.