System Engineer for Galley Systems (f/m)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a System Engineer for Galley Systems (f/m) has arisen within Airbus (Commercial Aircraft) in Hamburg. You will join the department Galley System .
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured.
Tasks & accountabilities
The Galley Systems department within Airbus Engineering is responsible for the entire product life cycle for the Galley Electrical Inserts (GAIN) and Non Electrical Inserts (NELI) of all aircraft programmes. As a System Engineer, you will participate in the entire development process, from the initial concept study, through Series production to Series support.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Designing system architectures taking into account aircraft-specific requirements (aviation regulations and type-related)
- Defining all system requirements, as well as planning and creating technical systems and equipment specifications
- Initiating and steering the development process with external manufacturers and their subcontractors or equipment manufacturers
- Coordinating requirements with all involved internal departments (i.a. safety, maintenance, mechanical and electrical installation, adjacent aircraft systems, chief engineering, production, procurement)
- Integrating the system and its components and coordinating all system-internal and general interfaces
- Validating the system/device definition, as well as determining and monitoring qualifications and verification activities within the aircraft development process according to Airbus internal processes
- Collaborating with multi-functional teams (i.a. procurement, programme management, quality assurance, customer support), e.g. for the selection of suppliers
- Developing solution concepts for architecture, system and device improvements
- Collaborating on innovation projects
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Initial professional experience in the development and integration of systems and their components, in particular complex electronics and software is required
- Initial experience in project management is required
- Initial experience in vendor management on an international basis and interdisciplinary cooperation would be a plus
- Experience in model based engineering and requirement based engineering would be a plus
- Ideally specific knowledge of power electronics and sensor technology for application on motor control, level indicators, position control, temperature measurements, etc.
- Experience dealing with the collection and evaluation of large amounts of data
Knowledge dealing with BITE, functionality and Bus systems would also be a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office, as well as 3D design tools (e.g. Catia) is required, SAP knowledge would be a plus
- Analytical, innovative and cross-system way of thinking
- Very good communication and presentation skills, teamwork skills and customer-oriented
- Confident and competent manner, as well as negotiation and conflict management skills
- Independent, structured and solution-oriented way of working with the ability of taking initiatives
- Willingness to regular monthly travel worldwide (project dependent), at short notice
- Negotiation level of English, and an advanced level of German is required
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft)
- approx. 12,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.