Sales Manager - Police and Associated Government Services
Airbus Defence & Space Guildford (ex Astrium SV Infoterra)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Sales Manager has arisen at Airbus Defence & Space, Guildford.
The Sales Manager will be expected to represent Airbus DS Intelligence in a positive manner with existing and potential customers within the UK Police Service and Government domain and to influence customers to choose Airbus DS Intelligence products.
Airbus DS Intelligence is a leading provider of optical and radar satellite imagery, geographic information products, software and services delivering geographic information solutions into both private and public sector organisations worldwide.
Airbus DS also provides high value-added solutions including satellite data acquisition, operational emergency planning systems, geo-information creation, database management and provision of hosted environments.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
Responsibilities & Key Tasks
- Achieve their own individual Sales Target assigned by the Head of Sales.
Identify and develop customer opportunities :
- Identify customer budgets and market position within the UK Police service and government domain.
- Understand and analyse the competitive environment, define global market & competitor intelligence.
- Define customers needs forecast.
- Influence customer requirements.
- Contribute to market/customer analysis.
- Provide Market, Competitor & Product Intelligence on the customer.
Lead the sales campaigns:
- Define and adjust over time the winning strategy (offer positioning, pricing, industrial partnerships for a given business).
- Request & manage budget & resources.
- Set up detailed Capture / Bid campaign plan.
- Lead, in coordination with Regions/Countries, PR and Comms operations linked to specific sales campaigns.
- Organize process Maturity Gates (1, 2, 3 etc - Go/No Go, Bid/No Bid...).
- Coordinate proposal elaboration.
- Lead contract negotiations where necessary.
Ensure overall management of day-to-day customer relations:
- Monitor contract execution, product support, claim management, financial management.
- Organize review meetings to identify key risks & opportunities.
- Consolidate customer satisfaction performance.
- Strong experience of sales with proven results (references required) preferably in the UK Police/Government service domain.
- A UK Police / Government background is desired.
- Capable of developing tailored presentations to customers.
- Good all-round IT skills.
- Strong communication skills / relationship building ability.
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
-- By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.