Lean Expert Airbus Germany (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Lean/AOS Expert (m/f) has arisen within Airbus (Commercial Aircraft) in Hamburg Finkenwerder. You will join the department AOS Definition & Deployment.
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured.
The AOS - which stands for Airbus Operating System – is based on Continuous Improvement principles which will guide the way we work at Airbus. The AOS is our system, created by Airbus employees for Airbus employees. It is not a project or initiative. It combines in a single approach result-proven methods and tools. The AOS drives Airbus’ journey of cultural transformation towards business excellence, striving for efficient cooperation across the company.
Are you an Expert with Lean principles? The AOS follows the same approach but requires that every stakeholder be strongly involved when it comes to strategic management and continuous improvement. We are shifting from a time where improvement was limited in scope to individual projects to an era where every employee is involved daily in business progress. The AOS places great value on the Human factor to make all the difference, as we move beyond execution skills – even if we have mastered those.
The AOS aims to continuously improve industrial performance by defining, standardising and adopting world-class best practices. With this system, our ambition is to evolve towards a common framework that encourages managers and employees throughout the company to collaborate more. It represents a unique human experience, which is giving momentum to a strong industrial culture, where our combined individual performance and engagement towards continuous and lasting improvement will become a major pillar of our competitiveness.
You are directly contribution to the Airbus Industrial strategy by defining and deploying ways of working within operational teams and influencing Plant Management Teams (Component Delivery Team, Plant Managers, Head of Functions).
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Addressing systemic operational performance issues with piloted, standardized and sustainable solutions through the Airbus Operating System
- Providing guidance to improve business efficiency and results achievement by advising plant stakeholders at manager and senior manager level on business priorities and how to make the most of the standards, methods and associated behaviors
- Supervising business improvement transformation roadmaps, the jobholder will identify which Lean/AOS standards best match the manufacturing areas needs OR trigger new Lean/AOS standards definition
- Growing the knowledge and autonomy of Business Managers and Change Agents by supporting the implementation of AOS/Lean standards & continuous improvement solutions in manufacturing areas
- Promoting the use of internal good practices and external benchmarking by acting transversally with the extended manufacturing communities
Specific job activities:
- On-the-job coaching on continuous improvement and performance increase advising stakeholders on lean/AOS deployment strategies.
- Securing knowledge transfer in dedicated manufacturing areas/populations to local plant/Final Assembly Line (FAL) teams (from business managers to change agents)
- Assessing industrial maturity through the Airbus Industrial assessment (including operation performance & AOS standard adherence)
- Leading or contribute dedicated Airbus Task Forces through AOS stream: diagnostic, solution definition and implementation, results demonstration
- Contributing to key project/workshops with Lean/AOS skills & competences in the frame on ad hoc Top Management Request (Head of Function, COO, CEO)
- Using the right balance between coaching, mentoring & training related to AOS
The position is located in Hamburg with a scope to the 3 German plants Finkenwerder, Stade and Bremen and with periodic travel for business to other Airbus sites in Germany, Spain, UK and France.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Diploma (or equivalent) in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or a related discipline
- Experience in APICS (CPIM), Six Sigmas (Black Belt) and Kepner Tregoe (Problem Solving) is very appreciated
- Experienced in Project Management, including Multifunctional Teams and financial aspects
- Strong experience in leading Lean Manufacturing workshops such as Kaizen, VSM, SMED, 5S, etc.
- Deep business acumen with extensive operations management experience leading production unit in a Best-in-class environment (Lean Manufacturing)
- Ability to set & assess industrial maturity, integrating operations performance and Lean Management standard adherence
- Ability to demonstrate operational experience in the implementation and optimization of industrial systems (conception phase, implementation, management of production processes)
- On-the-job coaching skills on continuous improvement and performance increase advising stakeholders on Lean deployment strategies
- Capability to design strategies for coaching, mentoring & training
- Capability to respond to any question in regards to Lean/AOS (philosophy, strategy, tactics and technique)
- Capability to lead industrial Task forces: diagnostic, solution definition and implementation, results achievement
- Remarkable knowledge on industrial technologies applied to production environments
- International experience is appreciated
- Able to influence at Top Management level
- Highly capable to manage the change with all stakeholders
- Capable to create a climate that fosters cordial exchanges
- Ability to motivate and challenge Management teams
- Ability to transfer knowledge to all stakeholders including top management
- Ability to develop networks within Airbus, Airbus Commercial and externally
- Ability to identify and provide feedback on top management competences gap
- Language Skills: negotiation level of English and German.
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft)
- approx. 12,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.