Computational Electromagnetics Engineering
Airbus Defence and Space Getafe (ex Airbus Military)
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defense and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defense enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A position as Computational Electromagnetics Engineering within Airbus Defence & Space in Getafe (Madrid). The successful applicant will join TEAYX-TL1 department.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main accountabilities of this position will be to:
- Understand the EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) environment for a system/ sub-system/ functional chain (an element of a marketed solution)/ equipment architecture, for analysis/testing to provide design solutions, verification and validation.
- Understand and characterizes the environment where the system/ sub-system/ functional chain (an element of a marketed solution)/ equipment is located and translate into generic performance requirements and/or test conditions for verification.
- Perform detailed analysis in CAD/CAM or (software) implementation on component/ equipment/ mechanical/ software level to the specifications required.
- Understand EMC qualification and certification processes related to the project and develop integrated compliance processes to demonstrate performance.
- Carry out planning, organization and execution of testing, verification and validation.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Aeronautical or Industrial Engineering degree or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to master the area of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), lightning protection and RF (Radio Frequency) Interference. This includes the knowledge of: relevant EMC standards; relevant EMC engineering processes; the state of the art design rules and solutions and EMC methods relevant to the project; knowledge about program related EMC processes and documentation obligations; EMC theory lightning protection and RF basics.
- Ability to: validate and characterize EMC effects; validate and characterize EMC measurement set ups; define EMC test and verification methods; perform and analyze EMC measurement results; further develop new EMC methods. Test Preparation, Execution, and Analyze for the functions of a Sub-system / Equipment / Component / Module.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to propose new ideas
- English :Advanced
- Spanish :Advanced
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Helicopters, Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 6,900
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached. In case you have any further questions, please contact: The Airbus Group Recruitment Centre.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.