Antennas Systems Engineering
Airbus Defence and Space Getafe (ex Airbus Military)
Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defense and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defense enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A position as Antennas Systems Engineering within Airbus Defence & Space in Getafe (Madrid). The successful applicant will join TEAYX-TL1 department.
Tasks & accountabilities
The main accountabilities of this position will be the following:
- Specification, selection, qualification and certification of airborne antenna systems, radomes (only radio-electrical part) and RF (radio frequency) components
- Supplier follow-up for Antenna systems, transmission lines, RF components and radomes
- Support to antenna, transmission lines and radomes design activities
- Support to Systems, Airworthiness, Design and Production organizations
- Design of on-aircraft antenna sitting and definition of antenna installation requirements
- Computation and analysis of installed antenna performances (radiation patterns and coverages)
- RF interoperability studies between systems co-installed on aircraft
- Definition of Ground and Flight Test requirements
- Definition of ground and flight test requirements
- Data Link prediction
- Validation of installed antenna performances
- Support to in-service issues and Product and Flight Safety occurrences
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Aeronautical or Industrial Engineering degree or a related discipline.(3 to 5 years)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to propose new ideas
- English :Advanced
- Spanish :Advanced
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Helicopters, Airbus Defence and Space
- approx. 6,900
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached. In case you have any further questions, please contact: The Airbus Group Recruitment Centre.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.