VIE (m/f) - Data Scientist
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) program is an international program sponsored by the French Ministry of Economy, Finance and Employment, open to Airbus to offer young professionals the opportunity to have valuable paid work experience abroad in a technical or business function.
We are looking for highly motivated graduates aged 18 to 28 years, who are citizens of the European Union (all E.U. nationals, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). Candidates meeting these criteria and interested in a VIE, please register before your 28th birthday on the website www.civiweb.com. For graduates who would be interested in a career with Airbus, this could be the start of a rewarding future in a dynamic and forward-thinking sector.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria. For further information, more details can be found on www.civiweb.com and from www.airbus.com/int/en/people-careers/students-graduates.
Tasks & accountabilities
The Airbus Digital Transformation Office (DTO) is looking for an Advanced Analyst (m/f) to join the Analytics Accelerator in Hamburg.
The DTO leads the digital transformation of Airbus group, leading key digital initiatives, defining the group data strategy, and supporting culture change towards more digital and agile ways of working. The Analytics Accelerator is a central group of data scientists in the DTO. Its mission is to lead the most valuable and challenging data science projects across all parts of the business. It also helps to build up data science expertise the organization and pioneers new ways of working.
The Analytics Project Leader will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the data science expertise in the Analytics Accelerator is employed effectively and efficiently. Among other things, that will include supporting the operational running of the team, project portfolio management and valuation, and communications.
The role will be to lead and implement data science projects as part of a rapidly growing and evolving team that works at the cutting-edge of applied data science. The team has a large degree of autonomy and high visibility to top management. The role offers a challenging and exciting personal environment as well as the opportunity to grow within the DTO and Airbus.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Scoping, leading, and executing data science projects (incl. stakeholder management and communications)
- Performing hands-on work to build integrated data sets, analyse data sources (ML/AI), and build compelling visualizations (typically Python, R, Spark)
- Providing technical advice on analytics projects
- Visualising and communicating results (e.g. in interactive dashboards)
- Presenting results to project stakeholders, including business experts and middle management
- Sharing knowledge, contribute to driving change within the digital network, presentations and communications within the digital community, dissemination of best practices (patterns), etc.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- At least early-level career experience in Informatics, Business Informatics or similar
- Leading and executing data science projects
- Project management experience: deliver a concrete result to a customer
- Experience understanding, structuring, and integrating data (e.g., fields, data quality, ranges, volume, etc.)
- Significant experience using inferential statistics / machine learning (e.g. statistical testing, clustering, PCA, SVM, random forests, regression, neural networks)
- Understanding of big data system architectures (e.g., HDFS, Spark)
- Experience working with unstructured data (e.g. text, images, video)
- Digital technologies and related challenges
- Ability to understand business processes and build up business cases
- Desirable: Aerospace business experience (product and service portfolio)
- Tools: MS Office, agile tools (e.g. Jira), significant working experience one or more of the following languages: R, Python, Java, Matlab, Spark, …
- Experience using data visualization tools (e.g. RShiny, Spotfire, Tableau)
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Desirable: French or German and other European languages
- Business travel: Limited travel within Europe (few days per month)
You are a good team player, have excellent communication skills, and you possess a strategic mindset.
- Airbus (Commercial Aircraft)
- approx. 12,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
We are looking for highly motivated graduates who would like to work within a team in a dynamic and forward-thinking sector. Please apply with complete documents (cover letter and C.V. in English, relevant certificates/ letters of reference) by using this e-recruitment tool.
NB: all roles within the Airbus Group are advertised for two weeks to ensure maximum visibility to potential candidates. However, if a successful candidate is found before the advert expires the role will be closed. We would therefore advise any candidate to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.