Engineer Safety Systems (m/f)
Airbus Helicopters Marignane
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Engineer Safety Systems has arisen within Airbus Helicopters in Marignane. You will join the Engineering Directorate and will work more precisely within the Safety and Reliability New Development Team.
Safety & Reliability are key contributors to the final customer satisfaction and important drivers of design and architecture systems choices. You will be in charge of managing safety performance of transversal functions of the aircraft. You will be part of design and architecture choices, and provide operational in flight recommendations when required to enable the aircraft remain for customers a top reference.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- In close relationship with project team, architects and designers, you will have to perform helicopter safety analysis at all level in order to:
- Define design characteristics to reach safety performance
- Support the systems installation inside the aircraft to reduce risks of cascading failure, fire or risks in case of collision with birds
- Drive design and architectures of new development to secure future programs success
- Define with flight test crew, when needed, recommendation to modify the flight manual for operational safety
- Challenge devices' suppliers to ensure a design fulfilling safety / reliability requirement
- Demonstrate to official services (FAA, EASA, OCCAT) that objectives of the regulation are met in order to contribute to the approval of the modification
- Support airworthiness and project team in the design choice and certification strategy
- You will be supported by experts of the department, Safety CVE and team members.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a 5 years’ degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering or Electronic Systems Engineering or a related discipline with at least 5 years of professional experience
- System design or architecture knowledge and willingness to discover another way to manage system evolution, and/or helicopter architecture knowledge with willingness to discover system design
- Willingness to discover technical aspects
- Proven interest in design for Safety & Reliability
- You demonstrated your tenacity, communication skills
- Airbus Helicopters
- approx. 9,000
- Open positions
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you’re applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don’t forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you’ve submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.